PDA

View Full Version : Help with my MARSR radio!

Newb4guy
11-26-2002, 01:19 AM
I cant figure anything out with my radio and I just want to get it to work, and go from there. I have it installed with a GT7 in my B3 and nothing will work for me. I cant find EPA high or low, my speed controller wont let me set it up with the settings I have and I dont know where to go for answers. Someone help please. G

GKHTC3
11-26-2002, 10:11 AM
Hi! I left KO Propo's phone # on the other Forum for you......
(310) 532-9355

I had to reset my ESC when I got my Mars EX-1.

Greg :D

Newb4guy
11-26-2002, 07:34 PM
I called and there not open until December something. I just want to get a basic set up for my car. Iknow how to program my speedo and I tried that, but it still wont allow me to set it up. Im wondering if its because my radio setup is goofy. Could anyone give me a general set up for each function? I know its abit of work but Im in dire need here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again. Grant Oh ya can someone tell me how the speedo and servo wires are supposed to be set up too. I just want to be sure mine are correct. I coldnt find a pic anywhere to see it.

LasagnaCat
11-26-2002, 08:08 PM
If the radio is programmed anything like the regular/older Mars I've owned it might be 'stuck' in the level 1 basic system mode. I know that locks out some features in an effort to start people off slowly and let them move up level by level until they hit level 4 with way too many features to play with. I don't have a book handy, if that's the problem I'm sure someone else remembers how to adjust the level.. I haven't done that on ours in a couple of years and I'm drawing a blank... you hold two buttons down while turning the radio on and go from there I think..

Newb4guy
11-26-2002, 09:28 PM
I have been reading now for two days. I love this radio but it is a bit difficult to get running.lol Its fun though. I have seen the different levels your talking about but I didnt think they were all a factor in setting up the unit I thought the levels were where each feature was stored. Thanks and any more info is deffinately appreciated. Grant

Newb4guy
11-26-2002, 09:34 PM
sorry. g

LasagnaCat
11-26-2002, 10:00 PM
Each level that you go up unlocks more features. If it's set on level one it only allows you to use the very basic settings. If something you're looking for is on a higher level, you won't even see it as a choice unless you're ON that level or higher...

Newb4guy
11-26-2002, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the help. Im a little imbarrassed to say: It was the crystals, I was not aware that it made a difference which way you put them in. I seem to have had the receiver crystal in the transmitter and vice a versa. I never new there was a differance. I now see what your saying about the levels. Its the coolest radio Ive seen and used. It kind of makes you learn about it instead of throwing it in and going. Besides at which track is a blue LED not cool?lol Thanks again. Grant PS. does the ABS system seem to work alright?

LasagnaCat
11-26-2002, 11:08 PM
We don't really use the ABS at all, we mostly run offroad and a little sliding is okay. :D I think that it's mostly used for gas cars if at all, I don't think many people use it for electrics ever. Of course, you get to try it on your own now and see.. good luck with the radio, the Mars is a very good choice!

Newb4guy
11-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Are you coming over to minneapolis on Dec. 6-8 for the NORCCA nationals? I agree, with you on the Mars. I have had my M8 for almost a year and it was a good radio, but I think the KO is the best radio available. The new 3PK is pretty nice but I have never been a FUTABA fan. Airtronics should be coming out with something soon. Later. Grant