PDA

View Full Version : Police suck sometimes. wanna know why?

Prinler
11-28-2002, 06:12 AM
I drive my car at 3 am... i live in a small town. with one main street ( spring st) with interecting streets all the way from 1 - 36+ i live on 10th... i have been running my cars here for 3 solid months.. had cops stop ask us how fast we get ours going up to ect. Then Tonight :) you knew it was comming. This Highway patrol ripps around the corrner... up a curb. Get out and thretens me.. He says that i can run it in the parking lot but if it touches the street again he will take my car away. Its going to cause an accident. ( THERE ARE ZERO CARS) its 3 fing am! lol Anyonw know any laws about this topic? Thanks

excotec
11-28-2002, 06:49 AM
Being a police officer I can give you a answer but you are not going to like it. He is right and you are wrong. Maybe he went about it the wrong way but marked roads are for road traffic only. If an accident occurs because you were on the road and the car had to swerve to miss it you would be at fault. Same if you were walking your dog on the sidewalk and the dog ran into the road causing an accident, you are at fault for not having control. I know it sucks but that is the law. I have ran my cars in the road before, i am sure we all have. Like it or not he was right he just did not explain it the proper way.

Excotec

surfer
11-28-2002, 11:52 AM
well, id think its not to smart to drive your car at 3 in the morning to begin with:rolleyes:

Scomp87
11-28-2002, 12:22 PM
mabye he wants to just drive it. I used to drive my cars in the road all the time, but then again it was a private raod...

R/C_Newbie19
11-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Why don't just do as he says and drive at the parking lot?

Prinler
11-28-2002, 03:02 PM
pro 2 + dirty parking lot = danger will robinson.

the lot has alot of pebbles and stuff... and itsnt very fun. Im sure you understabd. going in circles isnt very fun.

Whats wrong with 3 am? there are no cars. plenty of light. wide open spaces. imagine no cars on a really smooth flat road that is really long. its perfect. i have had like 2 or 3 cops pull over so they could talk with us... "how fast can those go?" ect. then this highway patrol guy nearly runs me over with his car and yells at me. Like he just lost his marbles or something.

r.c.dealer
11-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Sounds like the Highway PAtrol dude was on an ego trip, but excotec is right though.

If you were driving it on the streets of a housing development then thats a different story.

CruZnVdubVR6
11-28-2002, 03:19 PM
I drive my cars at 1-2 AM sometimes just cause i feel like doin it.:p
if they have a problem with it than they can deal with it, sometimes i think cops have nothing else better to do than pick on people that aren't even doin anything wrong.:mad:

nick.

Prinler
11-28-2002, 03:20 PM
Im screwed. just takes one ass hole to ruin it for me.

Prinler
11-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by CruZnVdubVR6
I drive my cars at 1-2 AM sometimes just cause i feel like doin it.:p
if they have a problem with it than they can deal with it, sometimes i think cops have nothing else better to do than pick on people that aren't even doin anything wrong.:mad:

nick.
Thanks my attitude.. but they WILL take mine and your car if they want to be dicks about it.

ASSASSIN
11-28-2002, 03:56 PM
You know what else might happen? Youll get banned for using bad language. ;) I have nothing against it, in fact I swear all the time, but Im just saying...

falcon68
11-28-2002, 06:10 PM
I've never had any problems with my local police. I also live in a fairly small town. However, I don't really drive onto the main street of the town. I usually keep them in parking lots. The only officers who have stoped in the past were interested in what we were doing. Usually it's me and about 2 friends. So all the officer see's at first is two guys standing around in a parking lot at night that are apparently not doing anything. Once they see what we're up to, they become quite interested.

Peterbilt
11-28-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Prinler
Im screwed. just takes one ass hole to ruin it for me.

He is the law, and although there are no cars, you never know when one could come by you not notice it until your Pro 2 flys out in front of it. If that car swerves, and comes your direction...well, you can let your imagination go from there;)

froggie
11-29-2002, 12:07 AM
If you really have a problem with cops, try calling a hippie the next time you're being mugged. :D

HYDRAMATIC99
11-29-2002, 02:59 AM
See thats what happens when cops don't get their doughnuts....they get cranky:D

pistole
11-29-2002, 03:56 AM
Glock .... that'll end the argument real quick.

LOL.

Serius Black
11-29-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by HYDRAMATIC99
See thats what happens when cops don't get their doughnuts....they get cranky:D

That said, why don't you bring a box of doughnuts next time you're out running? :)

SuperRally1
11-29-2002, 11:07 AM
Oh man! U guys must be so unlucky.. I live in Canada, Toronto, Ontario and i havent seen one cop on the street for a month now.. I dont even think there are cops anymore! People speed so much, drive crazya$$ nossed up imports and noone cares! There are barly and crashes to... and i live on a nice street and barly any cars go on it.. BTW there are barly and trees on me street so there is nothing on the road at all.. very good for onroading.. Plus noone cares if u drive loud nitros all day ( i did this once.. People ascually stoped and looked at me driving.. They said it was awesome ) CANADA ROCKS!

THanks
Russ

grewst
11-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Actually your RC would(or should) be considered a motorized vehicle,,, as long as your running it on the right side of the road,, and following the laws of the road,, there really shouldn't be a problem with it (that cop just had his panties in a bunch),,, actually I had one of the local cops threaten to right me a ticket because I was breaking the speed limit,, but he never told me I had to stop driving it:D

Grewst

ntc3racer
11-29-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by grewst
actually I had one of the local cops threaten to right me a ticket because I was breaking the speed limit,, but he never told me I had to stop driving it:D

Grewst

Which reminds me of this, if the highway speeds in the US max out at 65, why are they making cars go up to 155 mph then govern it at that speed... They do this to tempt you into speeding and ticketing you for something they know will happen. :rolleyes:

parad0x
11-29-2002, 10:09 PM
they make cars go up to 155 mph, because the cars might not just be used for road purposes, people can take their cars to real tracks, and if companys did limit it to lets say 65 mph to the highest speed a highway or freeway accepts, then after a few years, they change it to 70 mph? all those cars will then have to be upgraded for people to use that extra 5 mph, and what if people needed an extra dozen or more mph to escape a dangerous situation?

grewst
11-29-2002, 11:06 PM
I agree with paradox,, not all cars are used just for road driving,,, when i was younger and dumber I used to race cars locally(at a track),,, if real cars were governed,,, people would just find a way to make them go faster anyways,, and it wouldn't always be in a safe manner... as far a speeding goes that an individual problem

ASSASSIN
11-30-2002, 12:10 AM
If cars wouldnt go above 65, Id go jump off a cliff.

ntc3racer
11-30-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by parad0x
they make cars go up to 155 mph, because the cars might not just be used for road purposes, people can take their cars to real tracks, and if companys did limit it to lets say 65 mph to the highest speed a highway or freeway accepts, then after a few years, they change it to 70 mph? all those cars will then have to be upgraded for people to use that extra 5 mph, and what if people needed an extra dozen or more mph to escape a dangerous situation?

Well I can understand about a dangerous situation, but what I am talking about is SUV's and family sedans which wouldn't be used for racing anyways. Suv can be used off-road, climbing and such but that doesn't involved speeds excessive of 65. Family sedans shouldn't even top out 100, but guess what? I've seen/heard/been in a situation where a Maxima(family sedan) went 140 mph, and it still UPSHIFTED to do more. What can I say?

r/c junkie 287
11-30-2002, 09:12 AM
well the track in sonama valley ca (watkins glen or sears point i forget) they let you race 5 laps for $20 in you real car although if you wreck they coudl care less

nitro pede man
11-30-2002, 01:35 PM
i wonder what my neibors would think if i ran my t maxx at 3 in the moring. There both navey and so is my stepdad.

I think they would kill me l0l

ASSASSIN
11-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by pistole
Glock .... that'll end the argument real quick.

LOL.

lol, I have a glock 9mm. hmmmmm, I wounder if theres some way to strap a glock on your tmaxx and use the 3rd channel for shooting.

*Miller*
11-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ntc3racer
Which reminds me of this, if the highway speeds in the US max out at 65, why are they making cars go up to 155 mph then govern it at that speed... They do this to tempt you into speeding and ticketing you for something they know will happen. :rolleyes:

If the speed limit is 65, and they made cars that could only go at 65Mph.. then the cars would suffer.

65Mph might not seem fast, but if it is the cars top speed, that means the car is working as hard as it can to maintain that speed. If however, you have a car that maxes out at 130Mph, then to do 65, the engine is just cruising along without having to push itself to far. That would then bring with it longer engine and parts life.

I used this principle to buy a Hi-Fi. I bought one with more power and volume than I needed, knowing that, when I put it at my volume, it wouldnt be straining the electronics or anything.

My 0.02

Super<S>Man
11-30-2002, 10:12 PM
Im not sure if understand properly but i think the idea is to have the chip/computer or whatever is in the car that controls top speed be changed so that the car can't go as fast, not to put smaller or less powerfull engine in instead.

ntc3racer
12-01-2002, 12:16 AM
Yes, I agree, my idea is that for them to set the govern to the local speed limit on SUV's and family sedans. Since it is only a govern, it can be set so when you're at the track, track officials can retune it for you and when you leave, they set it back for you. Do you get my point? That is why there's thousands of people getting tickets everyday trying to keep up with traffic going 10 mph faster then the speed limit. But I am in no way a speed limit freak either :D

parad0x
12-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Umm, so your going to be paying hundreds of dollars for the technicians to re-tune your engine everytime you decide to go? Man if you plan on doing that, you will be making people have to buy a second car just to race, whcih wont happen. This will cause people to get pissed off, and those that used to race on the tracks now cant afford it, and drive illegaly on the roads.
Nice idea, NOT lol.

How about this situation, you are trying to pass a truck, but your speed is limited, your half way through te truck, then you notice a car coming toward you. YOu go ****! you look behind your mirror there is somebody that took your place behind the truck, and here you are, half way more to go, and the truck is pretty much going the full speed, and your barely getting 1-2 kph over his truck, what happens if you notice you wont be able to make it? Drive off the road and slam into something? maybe, but what if the road has a wall which prevents you driving off the road, and the truck coming has a heavily load and wont stop in time? BANG! bye bye government idea. There is to many flaw ideas in this governed speed limit, it's stupid just drop it.

ntc3racer
12-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by parad0x
Umm, so your going to be paying hundreds of dollars for the technicians to re-tune your engine everytime you decide to go? Man if you plan on doing that, you will be making people have to buy a second car just to race, whcih wont happen. This will cause people to get pissed off, and those that used to race on the tracks now cant afford it, and drive illegaly on the roads.
Nice idea, NOT lol.

How about this situation, you are trying to pass a truck, but your speed is limited, your half way through te truck, then you notice a car coming toward you. YOu go ****! you look behind your mirror there is somebody that took your place behind the truck, and here you are, half way more to go, and the truck is pretty much going the full speed, and your barely getting 1-2 kph over his truck, what happens if you notice you wont be able to make it? Drive off the road and slam into something? maybe, but what if the road has a wall which prevents you driving off the road, and the truck coming has a heavily load and wont stop in time? BANG! bye bye government idea. There is to many flaw ideas in this governed speed limit, it's stupid just drop it.

Well I've stated that I can understand dangerous situations but why limit it at 155 to something less tempting like 100? I am sure 100 is enough to pass a truck when you go WOT at 65. How about it?

SuperRally1
12-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Are... you...*Sniff* *Sniff* trying...to... kill speed? ... *starts crying..*

ntc3racer
12-01-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by ntc3racer
But I am in no way a speed limit freak either :D

Read that ^

Just saying that they tempt us to speed over the limit unnessary and then ticket us for something that's ineviable(sp)

targetdrone
12-01-2002, 07:13 PM
i seem to remember reading an article on speed limits in the mid west. all those flat and straight streches of roads dont have a speed limit. can some one from the mid west please confirm?

supernitro_guy1
12-01-2002, 07:21 PM
I've never had problems with police because I dont run my car in the street, al least not anymore because I almost caused an accident, oh, I learned from that, I know better now.:)