PDA

View Full Version : Losi and Tower Hobbies

o5racer
11-30-2002, 01:31 AM
Why doesent Tower carry anything from Losi? The only thing they list on their website is a discontinued street weapon kit.

newracer
11-30-2002, 02:18 AM
because Great Plains (a distributor) ownes Tower and Horizon (another distibutor) owns Losi, for Tower to carry Losi they would have to buy it from their competition

Puffnstuff
11-30-2002, 09:30 AM
You know I was wondering the same thing just the other day. :D

Tamiya-TLO1
11-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Is this A recent thing because my friend bought two LOSI's and A bunch of losi stuff about 1 to 2 years ago?

LosiRacer89
11-30-2002, 12:00 PM
the only thing that i saw that tower carried from losi was bearings

mab_man20
11-30-2002, 01:38 PM
Horizon bought losi in the end of 2000 or early 2001 (I think).

newracer is correct.

atm92484_3
11-30-2002, 05:52 PM
Tower carried Losi back in the day (pre 2000ish) before they were taken over by Horizon.

MacII
12-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Hello,

I have a feeling it goes deeper than just not wanting to buy from Horizon. You see Tower doesn't just not carry Losi brand products, they don't even carry (many) 3rd party parts for Losi products. A while back I needed some wheels for my XXXT and I could only find one or two available at Tower. It is too bad b/c I have always had good experiences w/Tower and use them for all my Traxxas and Trinity needs. It would be nice if they carried Losi or at least 3rd party products for Losi vehicles.

Mac II

mab_man20
12-01-2002, 04:25 PM
All you losi lovers can just go over to www.horizonhobby.com and order anything losi you want. They have great service!

You can also get any dynomite part.

SteveK
12-01-2002, 04:34 PM
I think it's almost 100% to do with not wanting to buy from Horizon. Those are the two biggest mail-order distributors in the business, and Tower selling Losi cars and trucks would put money in their competitor's pockets.

Regarding the other hop-ups, they do sell some, but I think overall they want to keep Horizon from making money off of them. Losi is now a competitor's product. They can probably get the stuff, they just won't advertise it (I always tell people to call Tower, as the web site can't possibly list all their products).

Puffnstuff
12-01-2002, 04:54 PM
I remember back 10 years or so ago that tower didn't show any losi stuff either. I only saw them in the ads in rcca or at a select few lhs's where I was living at the time.

JeepsDaddy
12-01-2002, 05:10 PM
LMAO...

of course tower/GP wants to sell Losi parts... but....

Horizon will NOT sell Losi, JR ect (other horizon exclusive brands) parts to Tower/GP.... no matter how badly tower/GP might want those parts, they simple can NOT buy them from Horizon... Horizon simply won't sell those lines to them... nor will they "distribute" those lines to GP's mail order ***** Tower....

same things goes for Futaba, OS, and Kyosho ect from GP.... they won't sell products from those lines to Horizon at any price...

such is the pathetic state of distribution in this industry...

peace out.... :)