PDA

View Full Version : What Buggy Should I Get

augustine
12-16-2002, 12:09 AM
whats up guys i have a ntc3 and i like it, but i really cant do anything with it but run on the road. so i think i want to get a 1:8 scale buggy, now my hobby shop got a hot bodies buggy and a new xtm buggy and i dont know any thing about buggys and i wanted to know if there where any other better ones out there for around 450 rtr i dont much about rc in the hole i just started and i love it ! i want to do dirt plus onroad as well

Scomp87
12-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi! My brother has a Storm buggy. He likes it and it has its fits. But most of the problems with the car come from his mistakes he is just learning about nitro.

I'm in your position right now. cept i just put myself in a deal to buy a used car. A Crono RS01. So we'll see how it turns out for me.

I recommend the storm for racing. The ttr EB-4 is also available in rtr. and the xtm seems like a nice buggy

Good Luck!

TC3Racer
12-16-2002, 09:51 AM
first off mad props for that GREAT looking NTC3! i love it!

I have a GS Storm and it is a great buggy. Very reliable and one unique feature that it has that not alot of other buggies have is the adjustable front/rear brake bias. its a great feature. I have heard that the Hot Bodies Lighting RR buggy that you are talking about is a great buggy as well though. Looks reliable and hot bodies is new, but a good company. do you plan on racing? if so, the XTM buggy isn't a great idea. it has XTM's .247 engine in it and you need a .21 engined at a sanctioned race. Anyway, i reccomend the storm or the lightning RR. if you have any other questions on the storm i'll be able to hook you up. just e-mail me. j_burgman@hotmail.com

augustine
12-16-2002, 04:40 PM
its going to be for bashing aroung the yard and at dirt tracks what about a ofna buggy is that good i want to spend aroung 4 for everything a little more if its worth it

microrcdude
12-16-2002, 07:22 PM
It rocks, and you can get cool paintjobs for it.

morfracerX
12-18-2002, 10:14 PM
I would say take a look at the OFNA line of buggies, OFNA makes a buggy for darn near everyone, from their line of GT buggies (GTLX LX Pro MBX MBX R2 MBX R2 Pro). For the bashers or guys that just want to run and the track and have fun.

OFNA also makes buggies for the hard-core racers and buggies that wont brake the bank like the hyper7 rtr and the 9.5 rtr.

Also for the half and half racer/basher OFNA has the mbx r2+, this buggy looks way to much like my old world's 2.

All of these buggies can be bought for under $450 and some for as little as $300 rtr. for more info and for some nice photos of more OFNA car take a look at www.ofna.com

I have owned about 6 OFNA cars in the last two years and everyone of them i have owned i have been in love with besides one (GTLX)

marvelousmatt
12-18-2002, 10:46 PM
one unique feature that it has that not alot of other buggies have is the adjustable front/rear brake bias
Actually I think there are a lot of buggies that have that.

Matt

NitroRookie
12-18-2002, 11:00 PM
I going to get the Ofna 9.5 MBX RTR Buggy when I have the money saved up.

atm92484_3
12-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Augustine, save up a few more dollars and you'll be able to afford the Hyper 7 RTR (best RTR buggy IMO). For under $350 though you can't beat the Hot Bodies Lightning. The stock electronics are you basic run of the mill RTR radio and servos, but the buggy its self is very good.

augustine
12-19-2002, 12:17 AM
whats thanks for all the advice now what do u guys think of the xtm buggy i seen them run and they look better than the hot bodies does anyone have one or a ofna hyper 7