PDA

View Full Version : SmarTech- ever heard/bought from them?

cheerwhiner
10-03-2003, 07:38 AM
The reason I ask is because my store just got a small initial order of their products. I have never heard of them until yesterday. They were at the show in Chicago though. their websiste, smartechracing.com is not laid out very well at all and is considerably slow too. We only have 1 of each of their products, however their Mega car fills in a good gap. It is a RTR fully upgradeable car for $150!

So fill me in please. My manager has not heard of them either, just people from our home office have. Just trying to get as much info as possible for customers, and our home office has only said how long they have been in business and the product specs= I want the REAL info!

LOL

CarterTG
10-03-2003, 07:45 AM
The Smartech brand seems more readily available in Asia. While I was in Hong Kong, a moderate number of hobby shops carried their car(s) and electric helicopters. Didn't personally examine either of them though.

cheerwhiner
10-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Apparently they are a brand under neith a toy company. Still I need some actual user info, just want to know. I have found their stuff all over UK store websites too.

mattyk6
10-03-2003, 05:41 PM
On of the mags did an article on Smartech's buggy a month or two back. It seemed like it might be a pretty good beginner buggy. I'd like to know more, as I was thinking of getting one.

Matt

RC10tee3
10-03-2003, 05:49 PM
there magic wheel monster truck is a tamxx clone

alphax43
10-03-2003, 07:17 PM
from what I've heard a company overseas just basically copied the t-maxx pars and used cheaper quality plastic. They also got rid of alot of the metal parts.. and the engine is no where as good. Just some stuff I've heard.. I think there is a thread on this somewhere on the board already.. check it out

K man

Kenny T
10-03-2003, 09:34 PM
I'm seeing more and more of them here in Australia, my lhs hasn't got them in yet but a few of their other products are here. I know a few people who have them. I'll try and get an opinion on them.

cheerwhiner
10-04-2003, 12:14 PM
I knows it is hard with a new company or product line, just wanting to know. If customers buy one of their products while I am there, I will ask them to give us some feedback if they can. I mean one of the cars will be great to have becuase of its price during Christmas, I just don't want to be swamped with complaints!

r.c.dealer
10-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Acually the Magic Wheel has the same amount of plastic parts/metal parts as the Maxx. The engine seemed to be very reliable, and seemed to have plenty of power. Some people have had issues with the diffs stripping, but as I recall the Maxx at times can have the same problem. IO have gotten a few emails asking me about the Magic Wheel I used to have, they were asking if I ever had any problems with it. I have to say I never had any problems with the truck when I had it other than the radio which I replaced because of poor range.

I have since gotten rid of it, but it was a good rc for the price. Just don't do retarded things like jumping over the roof of your house, or slam it into mail box posts, light poles, and trees.

tc3pimp
10-05-2003, 08:05 PM
ive seen one. they have a nitro sedan that is like an rs4 3. its pretty good for a beginner car. it drifts real well :D