PDA

View Full Version : graphite parts

i_piss_nitro
10-22-2003, 07:09 PM
I just broke a kick plate on my xxx nt and i saw that a bulkhead and a steering brace come with. I was just wondering if it be a good investment to buy the graphite version. Will they be stronger than the regular ones. I know they are lighter but that doesnt really matter to me all i care about is strength.

microrcdude
10-22-2003, 07:12 PM
They are stronger and lighter

i_piss_nitro
10-22-2003, 07:15 PM
so the seven bucks extra is worth it

morfracerX
10-22-2003, 09:04 PM
no, unless you are a top nothc racer then i would not go with the graphite, they tend to be stiffer and breakeasier then the stock losi plastic. i would stick with the stock plastic other wise you will just be replacing higher priced parts next time.

then again for $7 why not

fishtale17
10-23-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by morfracerX
no, unless you are a top nothc racer then i would not go with the graphite, they tend to be stiffer and breakeasier then the stock losi plastic. i would stick with the stock plastic other wise you will just be replacing higher priced parts next time.

then again for $7 why not

I would have to agree here, I have a xxx-t that I mostly bash around with and have broken 2 graphite chassis just from jumping and landing on the rear shock tower upside down. I have all graphite but have gone back to the stock composite for the chassis and shock towers to get a little flex and less broken parts...

Nrctc3
10-23-2003, 03:08 PM
I'd only recomend it if your an avvid racer that doesn't wreck too often. As most people already said graphite it stiffer and lighter, but doesn't flex like the stock pieces do. If your more into just driving bashing your truck then just replace it with the regular parts. Leave the factory option parts for the racers.

highroller
10-25-2003, 02:12 AM
Competitive racers will use graphite parts over the stock parts for the reason that it's make vehicle lighter, more rigid and parts don't flex as much. The downside is that they are more expensive and still prone to breakage. The layered graphite parts can be strengthened by appling a bead of CA glue around the edges of the graphite material, molded graphite can't be strenghtened.