PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Have News On an Upcoming Associated TC4 ?

R3VoLuTiOn
10-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Im very interested in knowing if associated is planning on designing or is designing a new tc to further compete with the many new tcs out there today. also because i wouldnt want to buy a tc3 and find out that a tc4 is coming out in a few months..:)

eliseracer
10-25-2003, 01:05 AM
If I was the big cheese over at AE, I would hold off on a TC4 project for a long while. Take a look at what it is doing now. Winnig almost everything, so many people buy and love them... I have driven one and I would still prefer my MR4, but there is such a market for TC3s, there is absolutely no need to "pull ahead".

k_sw31
10-25-2003, 02:16 AM
To my knowledge, the TC3 will not be updated for awhile. It is just fine the way it is, still winning national events; its a fine car.

For the newest AE vehicles to come, this is what I predict:
New gas truck
if they do it, a 4wd drive buggy or micro scale stadium truck/car
and then would come a TC4.

If you would like to update a TC3 into something cool and radical, I know there are some cool carbon fiber chassis kits out there; look around. :)

Grizzbob
10-25-2003, 01:13 PM
I agree, & to add to that, even if they do make some changes, there still may not be a TC4, it would more likely be more running changes to the TC3. And I think that's definitely the better approach, following the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". That's how AE has done so well for so long, by making sure they got the cars right from the beginning, & being able to make small running changes along the way when needed(that way, you don't have to worry about customers just buying one car only to find it become obsolete in less than 6 months, just look at how long they kept runing the B3 before they finally designed the B4).....:cool:

eliseracer
10-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Didn't Yokomo design the TC3? Don't they own AE? There is some connection. On my Reedy motor, it has the name Yokomo inscribed on it. Baker used to drive for Yoke (MR4TC Barry Baker edition) but when they released the TC3, he deffected over to AE.

SteveK
10-25-2003, 05:30 PM
No, Yokomo did not design the TC3 and no they do not own Associated. There is/was a partnership of sorts where Yoke and AE drivers would use each other's cars and motors in a class they didn't make one for (Such as Yokomo guys would use RC10GTs and buggies and AE gus would use Yokomo 4WD buggies and TCs before the TC3), and I think there might have been some sort of deal where Associated imported Yokomo stuff, but that's all.

AE keeps their cars and trucks for a looong time, so don't expect a TC4 any time soon.

Grizzbob
10-26-2003, 01:58 AM
Correct, Associated & Yokomo are completely seperate companies, neither owns the other. But they have had a long history of cooperation in some areas(so AE drivers have frequently used Yokomo 4WD offroad cars, Yok drivers would use Associated 2WD cars, & until recently, all of them would use Associated pan cars. But lately, they both use more of their own chassis(but they still cooperate a lot on motors & batteries).....:cool:

eliseracer
10-26-2003, 04:58 PM
It's good to see that in this age, competitros can still be cooperators.

Kenny T
10-27-2003, 08:41 AM
Are you guys sure. In this month's RC magazine(from japan) there is a full write up of all the modern day touring cars, mostly the ones used in the recent JMRCA meet.
Under the Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG special it says yokomo.
under the Associated TC3 it says Yokomo.

That tells me something.

Grindgod
10-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Thats tells you yokomo is the japaniese importer of associated products.

SteveK
10-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Yes, there is nothing more to it than the companies import/imported each other's products and their drivers use each other's cars (If their company doesn't make one for that class).

And yes, Yokomo makes at least some components for Reedy motors, and others I'm sure.

aspiringrcracer710
10-27-2003, 05:30 PM
I think the guy to ask about that is TPhalen. I mean he is a guy on the inside with AE so he'd know what is up on the AE pipeline. what I got in a special edition of the Insider's newsletter in my email today was that they are releasing the T4 RTR November 28