PDA

View Full Version : video cameras?

always_opencarb
12-07-2003, 11:30 AM
does anyone know of a good rc video camera? i was thinging about this one (http://www.2coolrc.com/dashcam.html) its the s800 what do you think? any suggestions?

krisI.925
12-07-2003, 12:10 PM
theres this one but its more expensive http://www.helihobby.com/html/micro_video_camera.html

JimmyMac
12-07-2003, 11:52 PM
I bought a cheap one off of Ebay for like $30 shipped. Looks like the same cam and receiver as the one in the pic in the first post. I'm gonna hook it up to my F201. Just remember they have no sound. And if you want sound, there is another unit that goes with the cam. Plus you are not gonna get ultra digital carity from these. They are just small cheap units for fun and observation purposes. I just think they are cool. Gonna build up a surveillance EMaxx hehe. Plus use my Micro Heli.

TC3-MikeB
12-08-2003, 12:53 AM
I found one with sound but its 100 bucks. its at ace hardware hobbies. com. ( i heard the admins were cracking down on URLs). if you go to the accessories then to electronics catagory i think its there. ill try posting the direct link but it might not show up.

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/catalog/default.php?cPath=42_281

JimmyMac
12-08-2003, 01:08 AM
That's one of them I found on EBay. They all seem to use the same kind of Receiver. But one receiver has just Video... and the other has Video and Audio inputs at the bottom right of the unit.

groovesafe
12-08-2003, 01:26 AM
I actually own one of the ebay ones myself, its a 1.2Gig video only version, its only 30 bucks - the range is pretty good too, goes from my room through all the walls into the alley, which is a ways away...

JimmyMac
12-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Mine goes thru the walls too. But I'm thinking about heading to Radio Shack to pick up a better antenna for the receiver. Kinda like the one in the first post. Plus I'm gonna redo the power connector on the cam.

R/cpb
12-08-2003, 09:49 PM
I've always thought it would be fun to use a camera on an r/c plane or chopper to aim those little plastic bombs they make, then rig'em up like a pop gun so they pop when they hit the ground :cool:

1 Bad STi
12-09-2003, 05:01 PM
any of you guys get more in depth with your explanation on how you mount the camera on your car and transmit to a recording device. pix please...

SandManRacing
12-11-2003, 03:00 AM
I found this one on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064409097&category=48632

It looks a lot like the one in the first post. But less expensive.

What is the distance that you can cover with your systems ?
100ft, 500ft, 1000ft ?

I found a lot of those systems, they all loke the same, but some claim to acheive 300ft and an other claims 1000ft.

I want to know about your experiences.

TC3-MikeB
12-11-2003, 04:39 PM
now i dont have one yet, but i think mounting it to the inside of the body behind the winshield is where im going to be putting mine. ill probly use some lexan to make a brace for it to hang behind the winshield. then just use velcro to stick the bat. and transmitter to the roof. but all this is depending on if the cam can see clearly through the windshield. have to wait till x-mas to figure that one out.

--mike

Combatcm
12-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Those mini black box ones have a realistic range of 200 feet. Almost half the range though if you run them on an RC car because of all the frequency disterbance and frequency tuning involved. If you drive more than 100 feet away tou have to tune the reciever a lot. My antenna broke so I put a radio antenna on it. It made the range a little better. If you are hardcore though, you could waterproof it and nail it to your roof. If you have a stampede, the camera will wedge in the rectangular area in the front shock tower. NEVER get an X-cam.

SandManRacing
12-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Which cam do you have Combatcm ?

The S800 seems to be the best choice for now.

The company says it is 16 time more powerfull than the one saw on ebay. I would like to hear comments about people that have them.

SandManRacing
12-11-2003, 09:37 PM
The XCam2 is definitivly not the best choice. I have one and even modified it to boost the power and the signal is not very good. It can cover a fair distance, but the image always have some glitch when the RC is moving. And the antenna is not omnidirectional. that means that is your car is turning, you will loose the signal sometimes.

You can download my videos on my web site.

SandManRacing
12-11-2003, 09:43 PM
From 2coolRC:

The S800 uses an external transmitter. Ground distance depends in environment, receiver location and receiver antenna used. If line of sight and no interferences you can expect 2500 feet or more. Transmitter is omnidirectional.

Your comments ?