PDA

View Full Version : rally car limits

METALL-DRIFTER
12-09-2003, 07:33 PM
I am intereste in buying a new car. I really want a rally type car. Im just a little skepticl about how well they do off road.Does aybody know ow far tey can jump and if they handle well in the air. Any pics:confused:

rcguy2477
12-09-2003, 08:31 PM
i wouldnt do jumps with a rally car. They are touring cars with longer travel shocks. On jumps, since rally car shocks are still pretty short, they cant obsorb the landing to well. If you want to do jumps, get a buggy or truck.

ggfx-mikey
12-09-2003, 11:15 PM
cant take jumps? hmmm... yes yes they can... they have pretty damn long travel on there shocks and they CAN take the force

if u were on a blue groove track , the rally would be the best on that, smooth jumps, good corners

there exactly what they sound like... they can go off-on road and do pretty good in both cases

papazilla
12-09-2003, 11:35 PM
A flat blue groove track perhaps. A rally conversion or a purpsoe built rally vehicle will never be a true offroad vehicle. Try taking a table top jump with a rally car and see what happens. Or how about that triple down the back stretch. They were not meant for that type of track. Rythem sections, small jumps, and hard packed dirt are what they do.

Combatcm
12-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Just think of them as a touring car you can drive in the grass.

R3VoLuTiOn
12-10-2003, 12:09 AM
or get stuck in grass :D

rally cars are for unprepared generally stable surfaces, and if that surface has dirt on it, go for it.

ggfx-mikey
12-10-2003, 01:22 AM
id still jump it though :p

12-10-2003, 01:23 AM
course if its mud in disguise bring in the monster truck(of the same manufacturer we dont want a CEN MT2 pulling an HPI SNR out of the mud do we)also make sure the mt is 4wd hahahaha

but anyways rally cars are more or less scale nitro rc they look quite realistic exept for suv'pickup body models which look stupid because the body is slammed and really cant do all taht much in the offroad department ie grass mud water medium 2 large jumps and rock crawling they exell at speed handling and durability

kyosho's landmax and landmax 2 are based off some version of the 7.5 buggy (maybe kanai2 who knows) and are quite capable in the sick air department since they are based off a 8th scale buggy and share sevaral (and i mean sevaral) parts with the buggy also in speed anything the 7.5 they are based off of can do they can do

the best way to race rally cars is like the real thing many various stages and surfaces one stage could be blue groove the next could literally be ice(depending on location) also a couple of tarmac stages for good measure at least thats what id do with them the stages are at times only .99 cars wide and each car is timed from start to finish and results are judged that way

SixVi6-Camaro
12-10-2003, 01:36 AM
hmmm.... My rally car can handle med jumps, med length grass, snow, mud, dirt, gravel, wood chips... but thats because its a Landmax 2. Pretty much a 7.5 sport 1/8 scale buggy with shorter arms and suspension with a body over it so it can jump within reason (no sick air stuff mostly because the body hangs over the front and rear too much and hangs up on jumps) and handle most surfaces with ease.

I had a Super nitro rally and it stank on everythig except for super smooth dirt and pavement. I could not imagine trying to dive a 1/10 rally over anything but smooth parking lots. Really the 1/10 rally cars are just touring cars with a couple mm's of extra suspension travel and different tires.

12-10-2003, 01:38 AM
did u ever have to fire up the landmax to retrieve the snr from the mud

RS4rally1124
12-10-2003, 11:11 AM
rally cars are sweet. i have 3 rs4rallies and they are sweet. they outjump my b3 totally.

word of advise... no grass. it eats batts. other than that they are sweet. get a prepped rally though. the tc3rallies and the xxxralliys are good but they dont have the same length travel. also one of mmy rallies has mt shocks and it rocks. go to the rally threads and u will quicly find these things are insanly durabl and jump a lot.

need any help with rally pm me and ill help u all i can

JT