PDA

View Full Version : ubscribing to my threads!!

dhutch
12-23-2003, 08:28 AM
OK - why isnt it subscribing me to threads!!

- I doesnt do it automaticaly, when i post there

- or when i click "subscrbe to this thread" !!

this it realy annoying cos then it doesnt email me!!

also the search here is rubbish - why doest it just give the normal veiw like here (http://fourms.bit-tech.net) and
here (http://forums.hexus.net) ??

- thanks daniel

ps also there isnt a genaral "comments and sergestion to the fourm" area!!

microrcdude
12-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Look on your user control panel. It should be there

rcguy2477
12-23-2003, 05:56 PM
I like the search, you can search more for what you want. There are basically millions of posts, and sometimes searches can come up with tons of stuff.

ex. If you want to buy a tmaxx. If you just search for tmaxx, you will get thousands of posts, but if you search under the buy/sell/trade section, you can easily find what you are looking for.

And as far as the email thing goes, are you sure you have it under the correct email? Also make sure that you dont have a spam blocker that is blocking it. Also, some times if you dont visit the site in a while, you wont recieve notices.

dhutch
12-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by rcguy2477
I like the search, you can search more for what you want. There are basically millions of posts, and sometimes searches can come up with tons of stuff.

yeah i know - but the "most" searchs (on vBulletin boards) jive you a list of threads not posts

- i fine thins easyer to use as it doesnt keep comming up with repeted threads - and it tell you who lasted posted there (ie if it was you!! - u dont need to go there)

rcguy2477
12-24-2003, 03:29 PM
you can change it so that it only shows the threads instead of the posts. Just click on the "Show results as Threads".

dhutch
04-25-2004, 09:06 AM
- ok the seach thing is now OK

- but it still doesnt auto subscribe me, steve is there any reason why you have set it up like that???

StevePond
04-27-2004, 11:28 PM
You already figured out the search thing. As far as the set-up of the subscribing, you can elect to automatically subscribe to all threads in which you participate, but to make that automatic on a forum this size would place a tremendous load on the mail server, and a lot of members were getting pissed about the volume of emails when we did have it set up that way. I guess the old saying applies - you can't please everyone. ;)

dhutch
04-28-2004, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=StevePond]...would place a tremendous load on the mail server,[/QWUOTE]

- yeah, i guess, is that why sometimes i dont get notification??

- also, i totaly agree with not being able to please everone :( (if only we where all more like me :p)