PDA

View Full Version : Instructions - How good are yours?

dhutch
12-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Ok - OMG
- I've just bought a Max St (duratrax) and I'm shocked at the quality on the instructions!!
- there practically no exsistant, it tells you how to fitt a battery but thats about it!!!

- There were better instuctions with my MARDAVE!!! (well done mark and dave!!)

- But compaired to Shumacher's instructions for my cougar 2 there both so bad!!

Are instuctions getting worse? (the shumacher ones are from 1991)

why?? - I know there "RTR" but still - you need to maintain them!

microrcdude
12-23-2003, 02:38 PM
HPI and ASSOCIATED make awsome instructions. I was able to build a micro in less than an hour. Some instructions are better than others

Animeboy123
12-23-2003, 03:22 PM
yes very true microdude, like on my B3 instructions they are good but my TC3 instructions were better.

rcguy2477
12-23-2003, 05:46 PM
a lot of times, since it is rtr, they dont think you need detailed instructions. If you need to take it apart, just look at the exploded view sheet. Also, if you take it apart, you should be able to remember how to put it back together.

josh222
12-23-2003, 05:48 PM
My RS4 3 TYPE SS instructions where great! they where easy to understand.

RCRACER2471
12-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Team Losi also have good instructions as well. Very easy to read and understand with all the pictures and diagrams when I was building my XXX-NT. It also depends on the person whos building the car. Someone whos a little more experienced may not find the instructions so bad because they need little information of how to put it together or they can do it on their own. I bet if you were in R/C longer you wouldnt find instructions like Duratrax's or Schumachers all that bad...

josh222
12-23-2003, 08:03 PM
who makes really bad instructions?

dhutch
12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by rcguy2477
If you need to take it apart, just look at the exploded view sheet.

yeah but duratraxx dont even give you one of them!!!

contence of manual:-
- Safety precautions (dont drink the fuel)
- Helpfull hints (dont run in cold weather, dont work on the floor)
- "Stress-Tech" parts (wishbones etc are a bit flexable)
- Repair/service (take to LHS if it breacks)
- Specifation/description etc (all pics etc are subject to change without notice)
- "Screw INFO" (dont over tighten - use thread lock)
- Requied Items - (stuff not incuded, ie. Fuel)
- Tools needed (screw drivers, pliers, knife, alen key)
- Finishing RTR (fitting baterys, adding air filter)
- Fitting of radio gear (if you get the "90%" not the RTR)
- Radio adjustments (tracking etc)
- Prepairing the engine (adding filtter oil)
- Fitting body (how to fitt the body)
- Carb settings (unclear/incorrect few lines on how not to do it!)
- Break in (do dont over acclerate to much in the begginging / do not over heat)
- Running in (how to fuel up, how the glow starter fits)
- Engine Maintance (clean airfilter, dont over lean, dont over heat, only use duratraxx fuel, replace glow plug or take to LHS if broke)

and that is it - no exploded diagram, not even a mention of the gear boxes exsitance, nothing on the shocks, etc etc

R3VoLuTiOn
12-24-2003, 09:12 PM
well it is an rtr, and if anything broke duratrax would just get u to send it in for repairs and send it back at you.

tadium54
12-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by josh222
who makes really bad instructions?

OFNA. My pirate instuctions were horrid(not even the same car)

But Tamiya makes great ones!

DCLXVI
12-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Tamiya really makes good instructions...some points are not as good though...first were on my TXT-1, it was hard to tell when you were supposed to make one step more than once...but than again, Tamiya are more than just instructions, it is quality straght through the whole kit from the packaging, ease of assembly to the apparent durability and nice quality of the plastic parts...