PDA

View Full Version : Weak Signals R/C Model Show

RickE
02-25-2004, 01:17 PM
On the first two days of this year's show (April 2-3) your forum moderator will be roaming the halls of the Seagate Centre. To find me, stop by the Air Age booth and the folks there should be able to tell you what I'm wearing, but I do know I'll have my black OCC cap on to keep my bald head warm! While your at the AA booth please let them know how good, bad or ugly you feel the boat forum is as it's always good to get input from the people who use it.

Rick Eyrich

Ron Olson
02-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Rick, maybe we'll meet up there! I make the annual pilgrimage to the R/C Mecca of the Midwest almost every year. We have a bunch of people from other web sites that meet at Noon Ohio time on Saturday near the static boat display. I'll have to stop by the booth to see if you are there. An OCC hat? Every where I go I see those, the T-shirts and sweatshirts.

RickE
02-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Ron, I'll be moving about the show both days but will look for the group at noon Saturday. Yup, the OCC cap is my favorite right now as is the show!
RickE

Ron Olson
02-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Bring your camera and I'll bring mine along then we can post some pix on this site. Go over and bother Pete Richards at the Climate Boatworks booth and tell him I said that you could!:D Remy and Troy from Aeromarine are good people to talk to, their booth is always busy!
For those that want to know what's going on, how to get there and who else is at the show, go to www.toledoshow.com for the details.
Rick, if you can, go to Tony Packo's restaurant across the Maumee River on Front Street. It was made famous by Jamie Farr on M*A*S*H. Really good food and the prices aren't bad. Try the hot dogs! We'll probably head over there before heading back home.

RickE
02-25-2004, 09:09 PM
I'll have both my trusty 35MM camera and my new digital unit Ron so we'll cover anything boat-related for sure. I'm also looking forward to seeing Remy and will be sure to do as you ask with Peter! When I did the Show in '02 my wife Karren and I did Packo's as we're both MASH watchers (bought a hat there too) and will for sure go this year as well.

RickE

Ron Olson
03-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Rick, do you have any idea who else is showing up from Air Age? I missed meeting Steve Pond in Chicago last year, the battery in my car died before the trip. Luckily it happened before I hit the Highway.

RickE
03-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Ron,

I'll e-mail Air Age in the AM and get back to you ASAP.

Rick

RickE
03-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Ron, the bulk of the Air Age folks are to be in Toledo but they're not sure if Steve Pond will. Even though I've never been to their offices, I'm guessing that due to the overlap of editors on their R/C magazine titles some folks may or may not get to go should a crisis popup. Matt Boyd and Gerry Yarrish from the RCBM bunch will be there.

Rick

Ron Olson
03-13-2004, 10:25 PM
OK Rick, I'm about set up to go to Toledo. I went to Wally World tonight and got a digital camera and have some money stashed away for goodies. Picked up a hat to wear also, a Western Michigan University cap. Our Basketball team beat the U of Toledo Friday night in the MAC playoffs. The Seagate is part of the U of Toledo. I'll probably get my brains beat in!:D

RickE
03-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Glad to hear you're all set for Toledo Ron. I just heard that several fast electric guys will be there and they're looking forward to having some Packo 'dogs!

Rick

Joe Brinduse
03-14-2004, 12:58 AM
is it worth my time to go it will take my 3 1/2 hr
but i am just in to mt ?

Ron Olson
03-14-2004, 06:58 AM
It'll take me about 3-1/2 hours to get there stopping at rest areas and getting some breakfast. There isn't much there usually for Monster Truckers but you can get a lot of free swag. There are booths that sell fuel, batteries and general use equipment. Not a lot for boaters either but I'll be buying things that I need to help get my business going at great prices. It's difficult to tell what's in the Swap Meet area one year from the next.

Joe Brinduse
03-14-2004, 09:45 PM
cool thanks

Ron Olson
03-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Rick, if you haven't left yet, grab some warm clothes for the trip up here. Lows in the 30's, highs in the low 50's this weekend. I've seen worse. We drove through a nasty snowstorm once to get there!

RickE
03-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I'll be leaving in the early AM tomorrow Ron. I've been watching the Weather Channel and will definately have enough layers of clothes to keep my thin Florida blood warm on Friday and Saturday. Thanks for the heads-up and look forward to meeting you and the rest of the RCZONE'ers!

RickE

Ron Olson
03-30-2004, 10:34 PM
I don't know if you saw his posting or not but Peter and his wife aren't coming down this year. Too bad, he's more fun in person then he is on this site. I've got my son and one of his friends going with me. I need help carrying out all of the goodies that I plan to pick up.

Ron Olson
04-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Rick, didn't see you Saturday. I went to the booth several times but Gerry said that you were wandering around somewhere. I only (surprisingly) saw one person with an OCC hat on and I knew it couldn't be you, too old and short. We might have to try again next year.

RickE
04-08-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm sorry we did'nt meetup Ron. I just got back home as my wife and I stopped in Atlanta to vist a sick friend. I'll have some images from Toledo up soon to follow your excellent ones already on the 'site.
RickE