PDA

View Full Version : my fingers hurt

ralliart
03-01-2004, 04:07 PM
i just finished buildingmy TC3 Racer kit and wheni was done my fingers and thumb really really hurt and their are sore to, does this happen to anyone else when they finish building the kit, or am i just little and weak.

thanks

ronestar
03-01-2004, 04:31 PM
umm.....youre just a little weakling !! :p

try doing some finger calisthenics !! :D

atm92484_3
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Spend $30 and get a good set of allen drivers; no more sore thumbs from crappy wrenches. :)

Scott S
03-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Eventually you'll lose all feeling in your finger tips. After working with small parts for many years, I can't feel a thing. But it's good and bad.. since you can't feel as much pain either.

TheBlackKat
03-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Just wait until you start having problems with body clips...the skin underneath your thumbnail will never be the same again

Kenny T
03-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Why don't you use the other side of the nail(outside) to push it out?

teamlosiisback
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Tap the holes, makes it easier in the long run, and less stripped out crap.

kitty
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
ralliart, it gets better over time. If you built your kit all in one sitting, next time take a few breaks. Yeah, I know that's hard to do, other than bathroom breaks, because it's exciting and you just wanna get it together soon.

You'll learn a few tricks over time. After having raw fingers from screwing on ball ends and such, the next one I built, I found wrenches that fit hex-shaped shafts on ball cups to help screw them on easier. I also went smarter on tight ball ends by using bar soap on the tips of the ends, holding the turnbuckles with a wrench and using a hex key through the balls on the ends to turn them. Much easier on the fingers. And, like someone else mentioned, pick up some tools to replace those little stock wrenches. They'll come in handy in the long run and are a worthy investment.

As for body clips, that's what making little grabbers for them is for. Sure, they may look funny, but you won't stab yourself under a fingernail (hurts just thinking of it).
kitty