Strike 4
03-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Cool keep it up!

trw
03-11-2004, 08:40 AM
o yes i forgot to mention, i wanna hear yalls as well

bpcrally
03-11-2004, 08:42 AM
nice job buddy, how fast approximatly does the TC3 do stock? my friend wanted an electric, and then i showed him my $1600 (CDN) super nitro rally, and now he wants nitro haha... ofcourse he cant get a car as fast as mine stock without expecting to to cost alot more... so maybe once you tell me a little more about the TC3 i can pass on the info!:D just remeber im electric "illiterate", ive built a tamiya for someone, but i dont know that much about them... thanks man!:D

bpcrally
03-11-2004, 08:47 AM
just saw that last post from you.... mine started when i was with my parents at their friends place, and i was about 10, and i say this little r/c with an MBG body, he told me it was gas but he didnt run it, but i loved just the way it looked.... so anyways that x-mas i found an RC10GT under the tree! it wasnt special though, they picked it up used from a friend, it was the old tub steel chassis:rolleyes: ... so i drove it for about 3 years and put in a JR XR2 radio... i got my first job and worked 6 days a week in the summer, my first pay check was about 700(CDN) so i sold the truck for 150, and bought my super nitro rally and kept my radio... now the car in total (inc. radio) is worth about $1600, some of that was from other x.mas's too, for example my nitro 3 2-speed... and then i bought stuff like an o.s 15CV-X and exhaust and header and lightweight fly etc.... now it does about 60mph though haha!:):D

R/cpb
03-11-2004, 09:00 AM
I actually got started via a cheap COX U-control plane at wally world. It must have been some sort of "test" product, because I haven't seen any there since, but neway, I talked my dad into letting me get one, (I originally wanted the free flight heli, but it was gone by the time I got there) well, the plane flew but once, my dad took me out to the local school parking lot (it was big and currently empty) and he figgured to get it up in the air, then hand it over to me, well, in the process, he accidentally put it in a dive and it had an unschedueled metting with the parking lot asphault, it wasn't broken bad, but it needed a new tail, so I went online and searched for the company, I found out that theyhad planes that didn't NEED a control line, but worked by radio control. I had origannaly plannd on getting started in r/c planes but I had/have a minimum cash supply, so I couldn't really afford to have a 2-3 hunnert dollar plane decided it liked the good old terra firma alot better then the air, so I decided to try cars, and see if maybe I couldn't get good at using a radio and then switch back to planes. but I have yet to become "good" with controling r/cs and I've kinda got hooked on cars! :D I would like, eventually to start into the world of aircraft (mostly r/c helis now)

end of the book:D

KTRTS
03-11-2004, 11:59 AM
my bro got an r/c, so naturally I wanted one :D

I got his old one, and continued from there...

powerstroke01
03-11-2004, 01:15 PM
I dont have the hour it would take me to type this out... lol

kitty
03-11-2004, 03:25 PM
How in the heck did your father manage to forget to give you allowance for a full year? :eek: Back when I was that young, I knew when Friday was for sure!

My story, in short:
Started with a control-line Cox plane. Father crashed it. Bought a Cox Dune Buggy. It wasn't RC so it sat in the closet until this past holiday season when I sold it on fleaBay.
Flash forward a "few" years... best friend and I each bought Nikko 1/8 scale buggies. Wanted more speed and off-road capability. Bought an Evader ST. Not long after, bought a E-Pede. A year later, bought a Savage SS.

Yeah, I'm hooked on MTs now for sure. Now I want a crawler/climber and more MTs :p

ayk_driver
03-11-2004, 03:39 PM
my story with r/c starts many years ago... my dad has r/c's since he was in his early 20's first racing cars... then boats... then planes... so whenever he went to the flying field i went as well... never actually tried flying til i was 12... my reaction "dad this is to slow here take it" and i went and sat in the car.... then my uncle gave me one of my dad old car he had laying around... a good ol' AYK Buffalo.... well once my dad got that running i luved r/c cars... my dad didnt want me to get into r/c cars only cuz "there arent enuff people around to run them" so when he met one guy from the local boat club and i tried it... i luved it.... well to make this loooooong story shorter... i have since gotten back into cars... i still have boats...5 to be exact and 2 r/c cars with maybe 1-2 more by winter this year.....

sorry bout the long post but ya no.....

Ferrari_Spyder
03-11-2004, 07:14 PM
ya a year ago i found the associated site knowing absolutely nothing about rc. i saw "world champion" and i knew i needed one. i didn't know anything about different classes and i had never heard nitro before. i wanted to get the new b4 that wasn't out yet, but when i totalled up the price of a whole bunch of stuff which i didn't know, i didn't have the money. so i was bummed and looked into boats, a 1/12 budweiser boat which i still think would be fun:p . anyways my friend convinced me that boats suk (no offense anybody) and so i looked into getting cars. i decided i would buy a car that i could race (offroad) and the first person i talked to was Josh Wheelers dad who convinced me to get nitro. the second person i talked to was josh wheeler himself (he looked pissed and didn't have anything to say) so i bought a 9.5 on ebay which was used and total crap so i sold and bought a lightning pro. now im like holy **** i talked to josh wheeler!

Dallas
03-11-2004, 07:55 PM
i love my tc3, i plan on spending some money on it soon :)