PDA

View Full Version : Favorite RC web-store?

shadmaster4
03-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey, I just found out a better than towerhobbies price web-site. Check out www.southeastrc.com $6 shipping, and I have compared a lot of prices to tower and they are cheap. They carry Associated and a ton of Losi. The only thing better about tower is that they have those awsome cupons for club members, but if your not a club member, those cupons won't really save you much. - Zack

fordman
03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
I usually go to tower, just because i'm used to it, and I've never had a problem with them. But more than 90% of the time, my lhs can get me the same part for about the same price, and no shipping.

TRF Drive Hard
03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
Walawala on eBay! :cool:

ApriliaRacer
03-31-2004, 10:36 PM
I like TowerHobbies for several reasons.

1) Customer service is outstanding! For me I don't mind paying a couple bucks more for an item, if I know the seller, in this case Tower stands behind what it sells. I've had to use their customer service and it was top notch.

2) Tower's shipping is fast. I break a part on Saturday or Sunday, I've got the part in my hand on Wednesday or Thursday.

3) Their online catalog is outstanding. I can search based on a known part number or brand name. I can see what the part looks like, get an excellent description of the item and know if its in stock or not.

So, for me its Tower.....

tallyrc
03-31-2004, 10:54 PM
looks liek they have a lot of good stuff and descent prices, but that navigations system is TERRIBLE. i couldn't find anything and the server was slow so i gave up. maybe i'll visit when i am down there.

LosiXXXS 69
03-31-2004, 11:51 PM
I like Tower and Stormer Hobbies

JamminJay
04-01-2004, 05:09 AM
PEGASUS HOBBIES 4 ME..... whoever stated they get fast shipping from tower is god? unless you pay more??? I live in Michigan, tower is in Illinois... it still takes them a week or more to get orders to me unless I pay for 2nd day or expedited shipping.. but I agree they have the best web based format for discription. and pics..... BUT, pegasus stocks Losi, which I race... and they are based in Cali. I have my parts in 2 days everytime for flat rate of 6.99 shipping no matter whats ordered...... Pegasus rocks!!! :)

Godspeed
04-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Has anyone bought anything from precisionrc before? Are they efficient in processing and shipping out the stuffs you want?

thefordmccord
04-01-2004, 05:16 AM
I usually go to tower, just because i'm used to it, and I've never had a problem with them. But more than 90% of the time, my lhs can get me the same part for about the same price, and no shipping.

The same here. Coyote Hobbies ROCKS!! :D :D :D

dub-c
04-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I like Tower and Stormer Hobbies

I 2nd that :)

kitty
04-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Tower Hobbies (in spite of being suckered into that "membership" garbage and rarely receiving anything I'm supposed to, but they do have just about everything I need and shipping is cheap)
RC Boyz (rcboyz.com or on eBay)
Stormer Hobbies
HobbieguyRC on eBay

Prelude14WRX
04-02-2004, 07:22 PM
I use towerhobbies because i like everything about them. They ship what i order very fast. Id recommend it to anyone :cool:

lerningdriver
04-02-2004, 10:03 PM
i like towerhobbies mainly because they have everything, no need to be fishing around for stuff.. but their prices arent always top notch.

aeb3man_44
04-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Tower Hobbies hands down, best service, great shipping, vast selection of things, you really cant go wrong

Pro3/nmt105
04-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Hey, I just found out a better than towerhobbies price web-site. Check out www.southeastrc.com $6 shipping, and I have compared a lot of prices to tower and they are cheap. They carry Associated and a ton of Losi. The only thing better about tower is that they have those awsome cupons for club members, but if your not a club member, those cupons won't really save you much. - Zack
Have you ordered from them? Are they reliable? They have a great price on the Hudy Tech lathe.

tperkins
04-03-2004, 12:21 AM
If they have what I want, Ultimate Hobbies is my favorite. They have really cheap prices and free shipping on orders over $50. But for parts and stuff, I use Tower and Stormer.

kitty
04-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Eeeks, I forgot about Ultimate. Really nice people. They have a lot more in store than what's on their web site. I wish they were able to put everything up on the web, but it probably would cost too much to have it done. Bummer.

mwcet8k
04-05-2004, 03:49 PM
I've had good experience with Stormer every time I've ordered from them. Not long ago, an order (around $30) arrived broken. I called them and they put a replacement in the mail right away, no questions asked. I didn't even have to return the broken item, which I thought was impressive. I will definitely buy from then again because of this single experience.

mastercrush
04-05-2004, 05:59 PM
Tower for me although I havent bought from anyone else yet. I live 1 hour away from what I call the non-LHS so shipping is cheaper than driving my truck to another state.