PDA

View Full Version : and the car vs car goes on.....

trw
04-02-2004, 04:36 PM
lol ive gotten into so many futes when it comes to Jeep Wranglers vs Suzuki Sumaris (Jeep Rules :D ) but i never this would happen regarding RC cars lol.
That beeing Losi vs Ae and HPI vs Tamiya.

Kinda get sick of it alot lol.

( btw im an AE and Tamiya fan :D :cool: :) )

What are your feeling towards these futes?

society i guess..some are actually funny, but i dont mind em, just get tired of em sometimes.

rocknbil
04-02-2004, 05:36 PM
It's been going on forever.

30 years ago: Ford vs. Chevy (Still going on)

100 years ago: wild Mustang vs. purebred Arabian (See Hidalgo, pretty good movie actually)

500 years ago: chariot vs. wagon

1000 years ago: stone wheel vs. wooden

3000 years ago: arrow vs. club, and flint vs friction

5000 years ago: amoeba vs. plankton

The summary has not changed: it's as pointless an argument as it ever was. :D

NitroBoy24
04-02-2004, 05:39 PM
The biggest fued would have to be AE and Losi :D I have been a part in threads like that on certain occassions..

I think the Chevy vs Ford fued is just retarded though. We have a Chevy Silverado and my friend has a Ford F-250 and we'll see a badass, chevy with a huge lift, custom paint job, etc and he will be "pretty cool, too bad it's a chevy though and other crap like that. I could care less what car it is, if it looks cool it looks cool, regardless of what brand it is.

rocknbil
04-02-2004, 05:42 PM
^ ^ LOL!!! Chevy vs Ford is retarded, and AE vs Losi is not? hahahaha mmmmkay. :D

kitty
04-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Just a wild guess, but you guys are trying to say "feud," correct? As long as there's at least one guy who likes Brand A and one that likes Brand B, there will be whizzing contests over which is better.

The one I don't get, however, is the Jeep vs Samurai one. No contest whatsoever. Suzuki should stick to motorcycles. Their cars make the former Geo and Yugo cars seem worthy.

TRF Drive Hard
04-02-2004, 06:43 PM
5000 years ago: amoeba vs. plankton

3.5 billion years ago: prokaryotes vs. ??? :D

howielong
04-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Today... Apples vs. Orange's

tallcracker
04-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Just a wild guess, but you guys are trying to say "feud," correct? As long as there's at least one guy who likes Brand A and one that likes Brand B, there will be whizzing contests over which is better.

The one I don't get, however, is the Jeep vs Samurai one. No contest whatsoever. Suzuki should stick to motorcycles. Their cars make the former Geo and Yugo cars seem worthy.

no contest? clearly you have not visited some of the Samurai offroad BBS online and seen what these vehicles are capable of. short wheelbase solid axle and 4wd. the only thing that seperates it from the jeep is it lacks in the aftermarket area. and they also have great warranties and good reliability with thier new vehicles. i see some know not of what they speak.

thedarkness
04-02-2004, 08:05 PM
the suzuki samari is included because it is quite good off road when it runs.jeeps are still beter in my opinion cause it doesnt take 20 min of wrenching to get it going

raderrustler
04-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Since mankind became able to think it has been a quest to have something better than the other...simple thought of dominance. One day this planet will be down to one person and he will say I am the MAN/WOMAN...and what will he/she have succeded in doing? nothing. Just as no two snowflakes are alike neither are two brains alike nor two preferences about cars...that is what the aftermarket support is for...Just to let you all know my right side of my brain says the left side is bogus, and the left side claims the right has no clue!
Randy

howielong
04-02-2004, 09:12 PM
This thread rocks vs. This thread sucks badly.

rocknbil
04-03-2004, 01:10 AM
hahaha like I said, pointless as it ever was . . . .

. . . but a total riot to watch. :D

kitty
04-03-2004, 11:20 PM
no contest? clearly you have not visited some of the Samurai offroad BBS online and seen what these vehicles are capable of. short wheelbase solid axle and 4wd. the only thing that seperates it from the jeep is it lacks in the aftermarket area. and they also have great warranties and good reliability with thier new vehicles. i see some know not of what they speak.
Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel superior, dude. I've driven, ridden in and worked on Jeeps before and they're tough as nails. Every Samurai I've ever seen, minus one that probably had $20k in custom work, looks like they may fall apart at any given moment. To be somewhat fair, I've only ridden in one. It was a pretty rough ride, though. Everyone I've ever known that owned one said it was a POS, but they kept driving them because they couldn't sell them.

fordman
04-04-2004, 11:13 AM
It just comes down to each persons experiences with the products, and peer influence. My family has always run Fords since I was born, so I'm biased against all ther truck manufacturers (especially chevys :) ) just because that's how I was raised.
Did you ever notice that what people dislike the most is the biggest competitor to the thing they like the most. "My savage will tear up your T-Maxx" or "My Ford would pull your Chevy all around town"
I run a GSX-R750, and the uber bad a** 'Busa, so I think that Suzuki makes the best bikes on the planet, and that "friends shouldn't let friends ride Hondas". Kind of wierd how that works

rocknbil
04-04-2004, 01:04 PM
3.5 billion years ago: prokaryotes vs. ???

3.5 billion years ago: prokaryotes vs. amino acids.

MikeWz
04-04-2004, 06:55 PM

Kinda funny that this thread was started to point out how annoying posts like these are, and yet look what it turned into :rolleyes:

TRW-I'm with you man, the flaming threads are pretty annoying. My opinion is, "To each his own". One man does better with one car while another man with a different car. It's all personal preference. We just live in a society where we have to be better then the next guy so we feel the need to prove (at least to ourselves) that ours is better

r.c.dealer
04-04-2004, 07:19 PM
This would be a good thread in the off topic forum.

I deal with the this verse that car related crap at work all the time. I just deal with it and wonder why they are so worried about what I have that they make up garbage to make them selves feel all high and mighty.