PDA

View Full Version : MIP CVD kit will not fit

SRM4HRVK29
04-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I just bought the MIP CVD kit for my xxxt, and i went to install it, and it won't fit. The dog bones are an inch too long. The package says it fits Team Losi xxxt and it requires no modification, but it's too long. I don't know what to do. Any xxxt owners that have the CVD kit or anybody know what the problem is? I appreciate any responses.

losiguy1090
04-03-2004, 09:04 PM
just return em before you put em in. save your self the trouble. and besides, the universals will work better on 90% of surfaces.

baih
04-04-2004, 09:21 AM
make sure the bearings are seated in the hubs all the way.
make sure you have pushed the axles all the way through the bearings.
if that does not work contact mip with the measurements of the axles.

SRM4HRVK29
04-04-2004, 09:48 AM
I can set the CVD axle next to the axle that was in the truck and the CVD axle is an inch longer.

I dont even know who to contact, mip doesnt have a number or email address or anything on their website. I could contact stormer hobbies, where i bought it from, but what would they know about it? I dont want to return it, i wanna figure it out.

SRM4HRVK29
04-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Is the xxxt spec axles different from xxxt axles? Because my xxxt is the spec version- the one with the blue tires.

rccardude04
04-04-2004, 12:08 PM
just return em before you put em in. save your self the trouble. and besides, the universals will work better on 90% of surfaces.

Agreed.

Otherwise if you want them still, make sure they're not the CVDs for the nifty rear end conversion kit from Trinity. Then return them and get a new set. They may have just mispackaged them.
-Eric

baih
04-04-2004, 01:43 PM
go to the mip website.
go to tour
there is the address and phone number.

SRM4HRVK29
04-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks, i would of never known of a phone number. I don't really know why i didn't see that before. Rear end conversion kit from trinity???

rccardude04
04-04-2004, 07:41 PM
The trinity deal made the rear end where the cvd was longer or something. Kinda wacky. I know it used different rear end geometry altogether. The cvds were either longer or shorter. It was worth mentioning.
-Eric

nitrofun
04-04-2004, 09:06 PM
You have the Spec truck, it might be a different rear end, find the measurements from your truck and goto www.teamlosi.com and see if the truck is different by comparing it to the xxxt matt francis edition. :D

rccardude04
04-04-2004, 09:43 PM
The spec arms are the same, but the outdrives are way different. Do you have the spec truck? If so, you will need new outdrives for the diff.
-Eric