PDA

View Full Version : Some reviews you would like to see?

nitroburner9248
04-04-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey guys i was thinking of puting a tech page on my web site and wanted to know what some products you guys would like to see in a review.
I'm not looking to do it for kits, but for parts (hop ups, electronics, etc).
Also...what are some other tech issues you would like to see adressed?
I was thinking about putting:
-Get started in nitro rc
-How nitro engines work
-How a rc car works
-Nitro Engine Break in
-Tuning your engine
-Troubleshooting your rig
-And an after-run printout

So...what do you think?

Interstate
04-04-2004, 09:28 PM
It sounds like a good idea, but there are quitea few problems.

It's only in one issue, so it's very unlikely that a newcomer would pick that one up and actually get into this.

Many of the articles would be pretty opinionated. How many ways are out there to break-in an engine? How many ways can you put after run oil in?

The troubleshooting would be so vague, that it'd be almost unuseable. The needle settings on a .15FE is very different than a sirio .18

It would be great if someone were to compile a database on everything about every RC, but it would take thousands of hours to do, then editing, then updating, varifying, etc...

But that's just me.

kitty
04-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I think your heart is in the right place, but I agree with Interstate. It would be such a huge undertaking because you'd probably have to include sub-pages for various engines. Perhaps if you had contributors who are very familiar with a specific engine or engines, that would be helpful. Also, similar to what Interstate said, you ask 100 people what their break-in method is and you probably would get 50 different opinions.

Having an after-run advice sheet of sorts that can be printed out would be great. At least there aren't that many methods of doing that.

Keep in mind that if you post a contact email address, it's inevitable that you'll get messages from people that disagree with something. There's always that one person who is the number one authority on everything.

Please try not to feel as though I'm raining on your parade. That definitely is not my intent. I know that I sure wouldn't be up to the task of what you are proposing and again, I do feel that your heart is in the right place.

Best wishes in your endeavour if you do implement it!
kitty

p.n.e
04-04-2004, 09:55 PM
i like the idea of an afterrun printout. you can also do a engine tuning print out with basics for the complete newbie. stuff like which way turn the screws, instructions on the pinch test for the low speed needle, priming the engine, etc. altho there are many ways to break in an engine you can just give the basic one that is included in many rtr instructions.

as for reviews, i'd do the essentials hopups needed for a rtr. im sure you can get info from people on the forums. maybe just do 4 vehicles like a mt, a st, a 1/8 buggy, and an onroad, and make them general hopups so people can apply them to their vehicles.

nitroburner9248
04-05-2004, 07:48 AM
yea that is what i was planning on doing. very simple very basic stuff that someone could use if they got confused with their manual.Anyoine with a high-end truck/car/engine hopefully has the experience. I dont mind spending the time for it. I think it would be cool to direct people to the right direction. Im gonna make it almost more of a buyers guide. I dont know...ill ask you guys what you thinik when its done.