PDA

View Full Version : Iam loosing my radio signal

Dino451
04-04-2004, 11:15 PM
iam using a hitec lynx 3d fm radio and i can only go about 100 feet before the car wants to take off. Ive swithced frequencies and i still get the exact same thing happening. All batteries are charged and there is no metal to metal contact. what is happening! I have swithced reveceivers , crystal and frequencies with the same result. My only gues is its the radio. please help :(

Dino451
04-05-2004, 07:07 PM
i think i solved my problem. Today I went out and the reciever pack suddenly dumped its juice. i changed to a regular battery holder with duracells and i guess it solved my problem. I was able to go farther than before but during one tank in one spot it suddenly wanted to take off a little. i looked up and saw power lines directly over the car. i have never had that happen with a AM radio but i guess FM is slightly more susceptible. Will a fail safe protect against signal loss? I just want to be safe and protect my car from turning to peices.

JoeMAXX
04-05-2004, 08:17 PM
i think i solved my problem. Today I went out and the reciever pack suddenly dumped its juice. i changed to a regular battery holder with duracells and i guess it solved my problem. Will a fail safe protect against signal loss? I just want to be safe and protect my car from turning to peices.

Yes........ A Fail Safe will save you from low battery and signal loss. I do not run them but I do check all my batteries and use rechargable Transmitter & Receiver packs. So between runs I check my battery voltage levels and Carry a voltage meter everywhere I go.

Tl-01 dude88
04-05-2004, 09:17 PM
yea, definatly check all voltage levels of everything. Also check to see if your receiver antenna it touching any other wires or is frayed in any way.

BCat125
04-06-2004, 06:17 PM
I have had that problem before with my savage and MGT before i just checked the remote voltage and if that was charged i checked my reciever pack. I would like to get a 3pk or other remote with built in fail-safe but i just got my mini t all hopped up and will have to wait a while before i could possibly get one.

viper2002
04-08-2004, 10:09 AM
A fail safe will protect against singnal loss but cannot control the stupidity of other people switching their transmitters on. Follow JoeMaxx's advice and get a throttle return spring - cheap yet effective.

TC3Racer
04-08-2004, 12:35 PM
yea if your receiver pack cells are junk and crapping out on you thats your problem. go drive the pack once more and steer alot. is it really slow and weak? if so thats your problem. If not and it works well close to you check out the antenna. If you roll your car the antenna can get cut to the length of the antenna tube. you need the excess that sticks out the top. I had that problem on my blizzard. it would roll and the excess antenna coming out the top of the tube got cut and shortened. check that out too.

highroller
04-10-2004, 02:25 AM
Both AM and FM radio can be affected by things in the area around you power lines, cell phones towers, radio towers, hills or building may interupt the signal the way to avoid this is to insure batteries are fully charged and keep vehicle within a controlled area so you can maintain control at all times - it may limit the area you run in but at least you avoid damaging your car. Even with a fail safe - most high end radios/receivers have this when they encountered signal problems they pause, slow or even stop most cases this happens so quickly you never know it's happened - in extreme conditions it can be annoying making you think the motor or battery is causing the interruption. With the 3PJ and 3PK vehicle slows until signal is regained, or stop in low voltage situations the same will happen motor slows or is paused to provide sufficient voltage to the RX and steering servo with gas cars the motor may shut down or idle down.

Dino451
04-10-2004, 03:39 AM
I would like to thank everyone who replied. Ive been running about one to two tanks a day and still have not had a problem since switching. I have now put in a set of NIMH AA's instead of the flat pack and still have had no problem. I now have to replace a bumper due to the first runaways. I have tried to "refresh" the pack by charging it and using a old electric motor to empty the juice. Ive done it twice so far. hope it works and maybe i can still use it.