PDA

View Full Version : Niftec traction compound availability?

rcguy2477
04-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knew where the new niftec traction compound is available and for how much. I have seen a few people use it at my track with success, but they got it at the roar nationals in cleveland.

stormperson
04-05-2004, 01:58 PM
I would suggest using paragon if you can for club racing. Niftec is really only used for freeing up the car at big races with silly traction (cleveland, birds, nats, maybe a triple crown race or two) otherwise in club racing you wont have enough traction.

Also getting stuff from niftec is near impossible, its a guy out of his house and only accepts MO or checks i think. I just know alot of hobby shops will not do business with him, and if they do they need to buy alot of stuff.

If paragon is making you sick, try TQ red, it has similar traction properites (its a citrus based compound, ie it makes the tire sticky instead of softering it up like paragon).

b3guyRC10
04-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Mark you specifically told me NOT to use paragon because it was reallly bad for you and that the niftec worked a lot better? :confused:

stormperson
04-05-2004, 10:48 PM
No, no.... our track doesnt allow paragon because it is infact bad for you, although Mike Lufaso (a AE/Reedy driver) who also happens to be a professor or PHD in Chemical something or other (smart dude, lol) wrote an article online saying that while paragon is bad for you, who knows how bad other stuff is for you, just because it doesnt smell doesnt mean it isnt bad for you.

Although it is nice not having people asking why it smells like bengey. (at cleveland this year, or last, whatever... some lady came up to me and asked if there was a senior citizen convention going on because the entire hotel stunk of wintergreen from the paragon).

rcguy2477
04-06-2004, 08:57 AM
No wonder i get hedaches after every time i race! The niftec stuff seemed to work really well at my track, does this guy have a website or anthing?