PDA

View Full Version : street racing

otto
04-07-2004, 01:23 AM
me and my neighborhood buddies been street racing we would get our tuned hpi's and tamiya's with import and muscle car bodies and start racing in the actual street in dragstrip race style like around 10 pm and would have (prizes) ;) usally a race only lasted 1-5 mins mins because of how fast they were. ill post pics of our cars tell me what you guys do out there im intrested :D

highroller
04-07-2004, 04:07 AM
Public streets aren't the best area to try and hold a race. The ideal area would be a city park (get permission) vacant lot or talk to local hobby shop about organizing a race. This could be done in a shopping center in which an area is closed to vehicle traffic - give others exposure to RC Hobby as well as bring business busy into the hobby shop. In the early years of RC were organized clubs and held races outdoors or in school gyms, roller skating rink floors, vacant warehouses or hotel conference rooms (the entry fees usually covered the cost of rental fees).

Grifter
04-07-2004, 10:12 AM
Yeah, def. post some pics. Sounds like a lot of fun. But why wouldnt you just race in a parking lot, I'm guessing you wanted the real feeling of "street racing." :D

Krasi_5000
04-07-2004, 10:28 AM
hehe sounds fun. And now that easter is comming and stores close down we will all have access to the smooth mall parkinglots and other places we couldnt go before cause of cars.
Gotta love holidays :p

rocknbil
04-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Public streets aren't the best area to try and hold a race.....

Agreed! :D

People are going to do what they want, but besides the legal issues - streets are for public transportation, any damages that arise from other use and you're the one who's liable - but more importantly, I can't count the threads where someone complains about swinging a little to wide, getting distracted for just a second, and winds up with a pancake for an RC, or the word "curb" is involved.

Curbs are sneaky, low-lying evil critters that eat RC A-arms. :D

rcguy2477
04-07-2004, 11:08 AM
I'd love to do drag racing. Pink slips(i dont know if this is the correct tern) would be cool too. I dont race unless i know i will win. I have beaten nitros, beating other electric cars wouldnt be too hard.

TC3Racer
04-07-2004, 02:52 PM
yea i have a bunch of friends who live on my street and once a week we all get together to run our nitro touring cars. with 5 cars zipping up and down the street it is alot of fun. If you come up my street you'll probably hear at least one of us running at one time or the other!

howielong
04-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I race kids on bike with a 2WD elec truck with a 27T motor. I can easyly beat them. Pull off the line and they are like why. Some kid was going to race the maxx and before he was going to beat i showed him how fast it really is.

Prelude14WRX
04-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Sounds really cool :D Driving for pink slips would suck!!! All that money into ur car and giving it away.(if u loose :D )

Tc3-dude
04-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I've had bad experiences in driving with streets. Please try not to do that! 2 of my friends got into car accidents. (Rc car and a real car) Drag racing is great, as long as you win :)

rcguy2477
04-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I would do pink slips with someone. But first i would make sure i would win :D . I can easily do 100ft in 2.5 seconds from stand still. That is about 28mph. On 7 cells, i could probably do it in 2 seconds, averaging at about 34mph. Heck, at that rate for 100ft, i could probably beat most full-size cars out there.

otto
04-10-2004, 02:24 AM
its an adrenaline rush and yeah we verse a lot of nitro suckers for cars once and a while i own a hks altezza racecar body on a sport 2 and a few extra goodies ;) to beat those nitros we have raced in traffic a few times and had 2 many close calls and stop or did just for the challenge and rush :( :D :p

Scott S
04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
I wish I could find someone to race me for "pink slips" or cash. That would be the life for me. Imagine on the next mtv special, "The Life of an R/C Street Racer." I'd be rollin in the dough.. hehehe.

otto
04-11-2004, 12:53 AM
i wish that could happen maybe even special R/c parts geared towards this small sport such as cold air intake ,bov, rear carbon fiber mufflers etc :D :D :D :D

thefordmccord
04-11-2004, 10:18 AM
I try to stay off of the streets. Curbs are evil....

biker dude 666
04-11-2004, 11:33 AM
hell yeah drag racing oon the street go ahead on with yo bad self. and for pink slips? :eek: dat is crazy dawg. Oh i would race just not for pink slips. . . yet ha ha ha ha ha ha ha cough cough cough ha ha. :D