PDA

View Full Version : Traxxas Revo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tperkins
04-07-2004, 07:07 PM
New MT! It looks awsome. new suspension, chassis, everything! Cant tell too much from pics but it should be crazy!

henry_huckem
04-07-2004, 07:14 PM
looks OK to me...

MikeWz
04-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Freakin A man...all I can say is I HATE TRAXXAS. Why couldn't they have come out with that car like a month or two ago. I got a Monster GT (I'm TOTALLY happy with it) but now this!!! Com'on guys...so being so innovative will ya :cool:

tperkins
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Yea, I was over enthusiastic so and fast so I could make the first new thread on it. The inboard suspension or whatever its called looks cool, but other than that, its really nothing new from what I can tell. It may revolutionize the RTR racing market, but I dont think it can blow the hybrids and the like out of the water. Still looks nice, though. Cant wait to see more.

SS Pede
04-07-2004, 07:19 PM
It appears to have at least a few new innovations for monster trucks. We'll have to wait and see, but it seems promising. Could be another best-selling truck from Traxxas! Just when you think the other companies have caught up with the Maxx series...

gizmoguy303
04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! I was wondering when Traxxas was going to come out with a new truck.

mrkinigit
04-07-2004, 07:24 PM
there went my hopes for a shaft 4wd e-rusty,heh.

sofa
04-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Guys, this is a all new ground breaking truck. If you have any questions, you can ask me if you dont find the awnsers on our site.

tperkins
04-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Whoa! I just got the new intro loaded, and this thing looks even better! Dual servo steering, new coolling head, new slipper, new diffs, something called an electronic shift manager, new integrated radio stuff. Its getting better by the minute!

tperkins
04-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Guys, this is a all new ground breaking truck. If you have any questions, you can ask me if you dont find the awnsers on our site.

Can you tell anything about the chassis, Electronic Shift Manager, or electronics?

moep
04-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm wondering about the ESM (is that the short form for Electronic Shift Manager? If not, I've just invented it. :p) as well. Will that just control fwd/rev or will it be able to shift between 1st and 2nd? e.g. no centrifugal clutches anymore?

Anyway, this thing is damn impressive. The chassis is like nothing I've ever seen before and the suspension seems to rock as well. 0.1° Bump Steer! Sheesh!
Also, it kinda reminds me of the suspensions used in F1-Cars. I just hope those suspension-rods are though enough. ;)

howielong
04-07-2004, 07:35 PM
That thing looks so sweet. I might have to get one.

mwcet8k
04-07-2004, 07:40 PM

Does Traxxas have plans to release an electric version? If so, what's the time frame?

gizmoguy303
04-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey sofa - could you show us some more pics? The pictures go so fast in the flash movie that I can't really see them. Also, whenever I click "Enter the Site" at the end of the presentation, I don't go anywhere. The link seems to be dead. :confused:

edit: Nevermind, the link is working now. :)

rcguy2477
04-07-2004, 07:41 PM
I have a few questions on it.
What will the street price be?
Any pics of the chassis besides in the movie?
Will you dicontinue the maxx?
What parts on it arnt brand new?

sofa
04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Guys, most of the info is on the site. We will continue to keep the T-maxx in production. This truck has NOTHING to do with the Maxx line. The ONLY parts the are from the Maxx is the piviot balls and the 2.5. Everything else is ground up. I cant offer any other pics but the ones at Traxxas.com

howielong
04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah i could wait for a elec one. I have a gas. Not dissing gas but i like elec better.

baih
04-07-2004, 07:51 PM
when you get to the intro. click "skip intro" at the bottom.
click on "about" thats where the pics are at.
click on each column to see more.
i don't think the site is complete yet

sofa
04-07-2004, 08:01 PM
As far as the price goes, it will be about $100 more than a T-Maxx goes for.

I know of no plans for an elec. version.

gizmoguy303
04-07-2004, 08:02 PM
when you get to the intro. click "skip intro" at the bottom.
click on "about" thats where the pics are at.
click on each column to see more.
i don't think the site is complete yet
Yup, figured that out. It's gonna take a long time to soak up all this! A lot of information! :D

tperkins
04-07-2004, 08:05 PM
I dont get how the suspension works. Are the rockers pushed towards each other? or are they pushed upwards?

and on the accessories page does the chassis shot truck have accessories on it or is that the way it comes out of the box?

sofa
04-07-2004, 08:17 PM
As the arm compresses, the pushrod for that arm moves the cant. thus compressing the shock. Each arm is independent.

The pic shown one the accessories page is of the box stock Revo.

RCRACER2471
04-07-2004, 08:18 PM
I cant see any pics of the truck becuase I dont have the latest flash? Is there any other way I can see the pictures?

lerningdriver
04-07-2004, 08:35 PM
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163903

Ferrari_Spyder
04-07-2004, 08:37 PM
ya i had that problem even though i dont - i just did what they told me to to re-download it again and then it all worked

this thing rox! :mad: why did i have to buy my stupid buggy???

nice work guys

mwcet8k
04-07-2004, 08:47 PM
I know of no plans for an elec. version.

Ha! That sounds like Traxxas employee talk for, "Yes, an electric version is in the works, but I can't tell you about it yet."

lerningdriver
04-07-2004, 08:51 PM
hehe^^^ agreed!

rglover
04-07-2004, 09:11 PM
I'll Keep My Lst Backorder On 4 Now. Revo Is Same Size As Tmaxx? The 3 Main Problems I've Experienced With My Maxx Are On This Truck 1)plastic Drive Shafts 2)carb Sticking And Probably3)plastic Tranny Gears.easy Start Only Adds Weight I Knew When Traxxas Announced The 2.5 Maxx Was A .15. We Could Forget About A Big Block. I Hope This Truck Will Remove My Doubts.we'll Have 2 C

Minty Fresh
04-07-2004, 09:15 PM
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/mintyfresh/RC%20Album/revobigpic2.jpg

punkrockracer
04-07-2004, 09:40 PM
looking at the suspension, could you flip the part that pivots and it would slam the truck low with harder suspension, or am i retarded

jocktheglide
04-07-2004, 09:50 PM

Yo, sofa I stand correct man this truck is totally radically different than what I expected man diff bulks, diff shocks, different everything, but yet a maxx family!!!!! congrats to traxxas man I dig this truck......

maxxamillion
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Sofa, did I see a exposed flywheel for bump starting? How about linkage pivots? Bushings or bearings? That looks like a potential wear spot...
Room for a medium block?
My hats off to Traxxas!
And to think I just dumped $500 for a P2 & drive train upgrades..... S**t!
I hope no reacalls or needed updates. :o

potatoe_bird
04-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I was hoping for a bashing MT. The revo looks race bred. Put you P2 in the revo, that would be sick!

JoeMAXX
04-07-2004, 11:09 PM
I like the upgrades to the REVO edition, The TRX 2.5 is a strong engine and with the new cooling head it would have saved me a few bucks on the one I bought for the TMaxx TRX 2.5. It has some sweet suspension upgrades.

One thumbs up because even though the TRX 2.5 has plenty of Top End HP I think they should have dropped a .21 engine in the new rig. The TRX 2.5 will still compete

mwcet8k
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Check out the video showing suspension travel on the Traxxas website. Really impressive.

Interstate
04-07-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure about this one... It seems over-engineered. Granted reasearch and proper building of a produvt is absolutely necessary, but this seems like theres a whole lot of do dads and other things that isn't really necessary. I don't know, it just says "over-engineered" to me.

One thing that really urked me was, it said two steering servos would be lighter than one. Can anyone clear this up for me?

It looks like there will be 4 servos all together; throttle, shift, and two steering. Aren't servos one of the heavier things on RC?

I'd like to see the transmission setup; it says 4 inches of ground clearance, but how much under the diffs?

I'm a bit skeptic of this, but that's just me...

WheelNut
04-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Wow! I'm selling Tmaxx ASAP! That truck is amazing, I really like the fact the pillow balls and U joints are sealed, finally! Someone actually did it! :)

Sofa- Why did they (the engineers) choose 2 steering servos? Hopefully you guys will make tons of these so when they first come out they wont be in short supply.

ChumsGum
04-08-2004, 12:44 AM
So much for that new Losi truck.

Yes, I want an electric REVO built with the brushless motortech in mind.

mwcet8k
04-08-2004, 01:20 AM

That's an excellent idea. Traxxas should build an electric version that includes a brushless motor. Just swap out the current Novak ESC that Traxxas uses in the Emaxx with a Novak brushless setup in the "E-Revo".

losiguy1090
04-08-2004, 07:33 AM
im thinking of using my savage for bashing and getting a used buggy off ebay. the mt market is getting to competitive. its hard to keep up with it. theres a new truck out every other month. geez. and the aftermarket support is IMPOSSIBLE to follow.

losiguy1090
04-08-2004, 07:35 AM
this trucks gonna be a hundred more than the already exspensive tmaxx. kind of a rip if you ask me.

losiguy1090
04-08-2004, 07:39 AM
even after theyre third mt they still dont understand that everyone wants a big block :p every other mt on the market has a big block.

sofa
04-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Yes, you will be able to use a bump start!

Also, the rockers will piviot on bearings.

cunroe
04-08-2004, 09:21 AM
I was just checking out one of the vids and it looks like it had 4 wheel steering. Or was that just a trick from the poor quality web video?

Chris

kimberklr
04-08-2004, 09:25 AM

i'm waiting to see them both in person before making that decision.the losi looks awesome.

one big black mark on the revo to me is the 2.5.atleast they finally put a real head on it though.also why would you use the ez start if your intentions are to lighten it up and lower the cg.and i still cant figure out why either of them are putting 2 steering servos in?its just more things to break and more wieght.

anyway cant wait to see both of those in person. :D

AEcrazyT3
04-08-2004, 09:42 AM
That is a great looking RTR. I can see it in my RC line up in the future...

rc man37689
04-08-2004, 10:07 AM
"The patent pending OptiDrive electronic shift module replaces bulky mechanical clutches with precise microprocessor control. The OptiDrive™ module senses Revo’s speed and controls the forward/reverse shifting for smooth, reliable operation. OptiDrive prevents accidentally shifting between forward and reverse by not allowing the transmission to shift until Revo is stopped. This allows the transmission to have constant drive engagement for smooth acceleration (no internal clutches). The OptiDrive module also reduces the number of parts in the transmission making it much lighter with less rotating mass. This results in faster acceleration. Space is freed up inside the gearbox so that critical areas can be beefed up for extra strength and torque handling. Revo’s gearbox is strong and ultra-compact.

OptiDrive uses multi-color LEDs to indicate the
status of the system. A blue LED flashes to signal transmission RPM. It comes pre-adjusted from the factory and can be programmed to use aftermarket radio systems and servos. The  OptiDrive module monitors the voltage of the on-board receiver pack and flashes a red warning light id the voltage is too low."

Interstate
04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Why did you just post that?

mwcet8k
04-08-2004, 12:21 PM
sofa - Other than fuel, a fuel bottle and batteries for the transmitter, is there anything else necessary?? I'm already trying to calculate my budget for this thing!

sofa
04-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Nope, thats all you need to get up and running!

cnroman
04-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Finally a new and innovative MT chassis!

RCnyc718
04-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know how much this revo will cost? and what is the the exact release date?

This truck is gonna fly off the shelves....I have foreseen it!!!!!

sofa
04-08-2004, 04:21 PM
It will be about $100.00 more than a T-Maxx and it is due to it stores around the end of June.

rampbrian
04-08-2004, 04:26 PM
hey sofa, is it true the 2.5R has a redline area of around 50K rpm?
that seems crazy. its the only engine I know of that can rev that high., every thing else seems to stop around 45K , if it does, do you for see this engine going in to the traxx nitro 4tec and a speed increase in that car too?

BCat125
04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
That truck looks pretty cool with some new ideas i havent seen yet. I dont like that the put the dual steering system in it though because they are probably cheap as most rtr ones are. Ill have to see how it is against other trucks.

luvnitro
04-08-2004, 05:28 PM
The new truck looks great, but why on earth didn't they put a big block engine on it like all the other new trucks now use? That's a .15 compared to everybody elses .25-.27's. Just an observation. Bruce

losiguy1090
04-08-2004, 06:27 PM
exactly. a truck this size needs a big block. instead of spending all kinds of money on making a jaw dropping power small block, they could spend a lot less money on a not so fast big block and the truck would probably be faster.

vintage_steeps
04-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Sofa..

Just some observations.
1 . Traxxas drive yokes always break always . Why not go with a proven more reliable cvd of some sort.
2. Would it not be more price sensative and design competant to use 1 high torque servo. Spending money on 2 servos when 1 quality one is all that necessary.
3. Optidrive electronics, is it water proof ?
I think Traxxas went out to make a killer truck but got to caught up in cool new dew dads. Guys want a reliable simple design thats an easy platform for HOP-UPS and very accessable now it seems we have a pretty truck. Lastly the price is definetly way to high considering the cost of a new engine. Im sure the engine is great but if you want to be competatve then you have to .25 .27 .

maxxamillion
04-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Sofa, the bottom of the Revo looks rather rough, or bumpy. Looks to be a place to collect that nice moist dirt. A smooth skid gonna be available? Or were you collecting anything at all. Looks hard to clean under there... :confused:

StevePond
04-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Sofa..

Just some observations.
1 . Traxxas drive yokes always break always . Why not go with a proven more reliable cvd of some sort.
2. Would it not be more price sensative and design competant to use 1 high torque servo. Spending money on 2 servos when 1 quality one is all that necessary.
3. Optidrive electronics, is it water proof ?
I think Traxxas went out to make a killer truck but got to caught up in cool new dew dads. Guys want a reliable simple design thats an easy platform for HOP-UPS and very accessable now it seems we have a pretty truck. Lastly the price is definetly way to high considering the cost of a new engine. Im sure the engine is great but if you want to be competatve then you have to .25 .27 .

I'll offer my input here, having spent a couple days pouring over the new truck and having driven it quite a bit during that time.

1) Traxxas drive yokes do not always break; that's not an accurate statement at all. The wear out more quickly when asked to do what they're not designed to do, but it's a moot point because the new REVO driveshafts are considerably bigger and capable of handling MUCH more power than those in the T-Maxx.

2) No. A single high-performance servo can be as much as triple the cost of two-standard servos. This is a very smart way of delivering far superior steering performance without great expense. That's not to say that you can't convert it to a single super-servo of your choice.

3) The electronic sensor that monitors vehicle speed is inside the transmission and protected from the elements. I can't say that the transmission is completely waterproof, but you'd probably have to submerge the truck for a long time under water before the sensor got wet. Having said that, I'm not even sure the sensor would be affected by water.

The purpose of the new design is to make the transmission shift more smoothly, to eliminate a LOT of rotating mass, and to improve acceleration. Anyone who’s ever been inside a T-Maxx tranny knows that the forward/reverse mechanism is very big and heavy. It's also what causes the truck to buck wildly when you slowly get on the throttle. That's why forward-only conversions were so popular with the racing crowd - the got rid of that heavy forward/reverse assembly for MUCH quicker acceleration, and it smoothed out low-speed operation by getting rid of that bucking motion. The new transmission is essentially designed to offer the convenience of having reverse, with the performance of having a forward-only conversion in the original truck.

You're observations about the price and the need for a bigger engine is also off the mark. Traxxas really didn't leave a stone unturned on this truck. Pick any area or component and I can tell you how it was modified/re-designed or optimized to make the Revo faster, more reliable and still maintain a reasonable price. It doesn't need a big block. Test after test with the stock T-Maxx has shown that it runs with or outpaces big-block trucks. If you feel the need to have a big block, that's one thing, but this truck doesn't NEED a big block at all.

sofa
04-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Steve- I could not have said it better!

And guys, don't forget to check out the new RCCA with a FULL look at the REVO (and poster!)!

mwcet8k
04-09-2004, 03:49 PM
DANG!!! I want one of these in a major way! If you haven't watched the video of the truck on the RC Zone main page, be sure to check it out. The truck looks really impressive.

jackhammer74
04-09-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm sold! The way that thing handles, clubs are going to have to open a separate Revo class, 'cause I don't foresee many MTs if any being able to keep up with that.
Sofa, one question though, how's access to the rear shocks? It looks very complex.

lerningdriver
04-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Steve- I could not have said it better!

And guys, don't forget to check out the new RCCA with a FULL look at the REVO (and poster!)!

poster too? this issue is gonna be pimp :D :rolleyes:

PhsykoManMKAO
04-09-2004, 09:39 PM
ok. guys you better prepare some good flames for me. bring them on!

1. plastic driveshafts. - big big no no. twisted 3 pairs in 1 day with 1.3hp in my ns. add 5 pounds more truck and ur still gonna have driveshaft problems. revo 480 + mip cvds $75 were up to $555 now.
next
2. traxxas traxxas traxxas, when are you going to learn? ur the only company with a .15 monster truck now. everyone else got .21+ :(
$555 + chassis conversion $150 + big block motor $150. brings us to an outstanding $855.
next
3. just a personal opinion here. never ever ever liked traxxas radio systems.
$855 + 3 channel transmitter $250. now you pushed it. $1105.
next
4. now that we got the basics down. how i look at it. f-1 rocker arm suspension should stay on f-1 cars. so u go out racing. land a big jump wrong. now u have a bent rod.
1105 + $25 for lunsford titanium rocker arm rods. $1130.
5. ok so now you think your bullet proof. accept now u see all the new shiny aluminum upgrades and say "hey, i wanna be blingin"
1130 + idk = i dont care.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

sorry traxxas but your ingenuity is never going to buy me back as a customer. first ever rc mistake. getting a traxxas nitro sport instead of going duratrax.

/rant off.

jackhammer74
04-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Did you read the previous three pages before writing that?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you had you'd realize those questions have already been answered. As far as the radio issue, What rtr MT comes with a top of the line radio?? The traxxas 3 channel transmitter is a very capable unit, if you want more, then that's a matter of personal preference, but it's certainly not a necesity. If you did decide to upgrade you can get a very nice 3 CH FM transmitter for less than $150, the MX3 and the XR3 come to mind.
About landing wrong and bending a rod, that's ludicrous, any rc vehicle is succeptible to the same fate. Am I wrong?? Please correct me if I am.

lerningdriver
04-10-2004, 06:59 PM
...As far as the radio issue, What rtr MT comes with a top of the line radio??

LST.

tperkins
04-10-2004, 07:17 PM
LST.

The LST is the only one that has a high end radio, and it costs $120 more than the Revo does.

atm92484_3
04-10-2004, 08:25 PM
The SUT has an XR3i.

tperkins
04-10-2004, 10:07 PM
I stand corrected.

vintage_steeps
04-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Well i guess i stand corrected . I suppose i will have to drive it and see. However i have to differ on the servo part . Im not necessarily saying that 2 servos is not better but . (And i have not checked the specs) If you have 2 ok servos in place of 1 really great 1. You might save money compnay wise however those of us who really bash our trucks will bust those servos. Making 2 servos doesnt make each servo twice as strong. They will strip gears etc just as easily. That means having to buy 2 high end servos insted of 1. Least it does for me. I have no mercy when it comes to trucks like this bashing is what i buy it for.

atm92484_3
04-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Its still a sub-10lbs truck though. A single good high torque, metal geared servo should be able to drive this truck with no problems unless Traxxas designed some sort of bellcrank/steering rack that requires 2 servos to operate.

kitty
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
sofa, are there any plans to release a kit or prebuilt version at some point?

lerningdriver
04-12-2004, 06:43 PM
i doubt it, traxxas say they expertise in making rtr packages :rolleyes:

StevePond
04-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Steeps, not trying to take on everything you say, but only a little of what you've said so far has been accurate. ;) Two servos DO mean they're twice as strong. Two servos mean twice as much torque. Two servos also means the load is split between two servos instead of it all being absorbed by a single servo - they will not strip gears as easily. The only thing you don't get is twice the speed.

There are places to mount two servos. If you chose an inexpensive servo, you can double it up to get twice the torque and twice the durability. You can also chose to get a killer single servo, just like many of us have been doing since the introduction of the T-Maxx and other trucks. If you're really psychotic, then you can spend a whole lot a bank on two high-performance servos, but it's not necessary.

CheeseMan5
04-13-2004, 09:33 PM
I saw the pics i would watch the video but thats the only one that wont work! http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v15/IXXMMushroomheadXXI/Smileys/pissed2.gif

other wise it looks cool but not my thing though...

dutchalltheway
04-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Sofa, the bottom of the Revo looks rather rough, or bumpy. Looks to be a place to collect that nice moist dirt. A smooth skid gonna be available? Or were you collecting anything at all. Looks hard to clean under there... :confused:

MAXXAmillion...I have to agree with that. It caught my attention to, and I was really surprised the bottom was this open/succeptible for dirt. I am curious what will happen with the collection of dirt after some bashing.. :) but you definitely have a good point there.....

dutchalltheway
04-14-2004, 01:04 PM
im thinking of using my savage for bashing and getting a used buggy off ebay. the mt market is getting to competitive. its hard to keep up with it. theres a new truck out every other month. geez. and the aftermarket support is IMPOSSIBLE to follow.

Why trying to keep up with it??Look at computers...the one you buy today is old as soon as you walk out of the door with it.. ...I understand what you mean..it would be awesome to keep your material up to date and have the newest toys when they come out...but that is impossible...enjoy what you have!..pamper it....enjoy it..and when you think the time is right...move on to better things. :)

ososlow
04-14-2004, 08:11 PM
I can't wait until my LHS gets their hands on some! I will be there to pick up one of the first few. :D
I don't see what your peoples problems are with the bigger is always better sence. If Traxxas wanted to be like every other manufacturer, they would of just slapped in a big block. But they didn't, they went and designed a small block that could hang with the big boys. :p I have been, and will be more than happy with the 2.5. Its not all about how fast you go, its how much fun you have doing it. :D

atm92484_3
04-14-2004, 08:43 PM
The 2.5 is a revolutionary idea, but people who rave about it being the best engine ever have probably never owned a good quality big block. With a 9 1/2 pound truck, any smallblock gets a good work out. A big block could be ran richer and you would still be able to get the same performance. Take a look at 1/8 buggies for example; they normally run in the 8 pound range but they are still powered by big blocks. Even with a 2 speed, a smallblock wouldn't be as fast as a big block in this application.

At the very least, I would have liked to have seen a "medium" block .21 in the Revo. It would be very appropriate with how different this truck is. IMO, this engine wouldn't be as uncontrollably overpowering as a full blown big block but it would still launch the truck reliably and consistently. Going back to a kit version, the people at Traxxas seem pretty set on the RTR only idea. Rather than a full kit, a 75% kit that required only an engine and radio would be very nice and a good way to target the more advanced hobbyists who already know what equipment they want.

Other than the 2.5, Traxxas did make a very interesting and different truck. I normally don't pay attention to RTR cars (let alone the RTR monster truck fads), but this Revo really has my attention. Maybe its the new factor, but it looks pretty sweet.

lerningdriver
04-14-2004, 08:48 PM
maybe thei'll make a 3.5/.21 engine block with the same quality of the 2.5?

revocrazykid14
06-25-2004, 12:36 AM
http://www.traxxas.com/REVO/revo.htm
^^that is tha same thing as on tha traxxas site but it works^^

viperracing
07-04-2004, 04:30 AM
the revo looks nice and all, but personally I doubt it can withstand everyday bashing and they have got to get a bigger engine. The inboard suspensino is a new innovation, but is that really just for racing purposes, one crash and those links are snapped

Baja-Destroyer
07-05-2004, 12:58 AM
ill take a tmaxx over a revo any day of the year lol or any other monster truck for that matter

C.J.OO
07-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Have you seen the NEW SMaxx.?.Its due out around the same time as the Revo I like the Revo Better though..

astainback
07-05-2004, 02:36 AM
when will it be here??

I think I have been anticipating the LST too much to pay attention to the release date for the REVO.

RCMadMatt
07-09-2004, 03:18 AM
the revo looks nice and all, but personally I doubt it can withstand everyday bashing and they have got to get a bigger engine. The inboard suspensino is a new innovation, but is that really just for racing purposes, one crash and those links are snapped

Have you not see the videos of the big air jumps and crashes that the Revo has been put through and drove away from? I'm sure it's not indestructible (nothing is), but it doesn't appear to be fragile either. And why do they need a bigger engine? The TMaxx can already outrun and outgun nearly everything with the small block .15 that it has! So, if the truck is built for racing, which includes crashing, flipping, bashing and general mayhem that accompanies a race, it won't stand up to everyday running? Hmmm....

Matt

RespirologyRC
07-09-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm interested in seeing that new .23 from Sirio in it. It's just too coincidental that a .23 (made with Traxxas in mind) is coming out soon. Either way a kit would definetly be nice , no enigne and no radio, maybe with some bling bling parts that will ensure durability.

rocknbil
07-09-2004, 12:51 PM
So who's got one yet? Come on guys, throw us low-budget RC'er's a crumb, how's it run? :D

And BTW the underside of the monoque chassis is **supposed** to be designed to get LESS dirt trapped in it, that's the claim anyway.

surfer
07-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Have you seen the NEW SMaxx.?.Its due out around the same time as the Revo I like the Revo Better though..

its just a sportmaxx with a 2speed and and nice tires...+ and ugly body

revocrazykid14
07-11-2004, 08:49 PM
im gettin one this week n im new 2 r/c n i waz wonderin what is bump starting if somebody can tell me thanx :)

brickshelf
07-11-2004, 09:21 PM
its when you use a starter box to turn the flywheel to start the engine

surfer
07-11-2004, 09:31 PM
new to r/c and you get a revo....lucky you