PDA

View Full Version : RC car/truck commercials?

lerningdriver
04-09-2004, 06:27 PM
hey, I was just wandering if you guys ever saw an rc commercial on tv, I heard traxxas had a few but I never actually got to see them.

SteveK
04-09-2004, 06:53 PM
I've seen Tyco, Radio Shack, and a few Nikko commercials on regular TV, but usually Traxxas and other R/C manufacturers on dedicated R/C shows like RC Hobbies and that other one on Outdoor Life (Or The Outdoor Network: Who were the rocket scientists to name competing networks the exact same thing?).

Maxxcrazy
04-09-2004, 08:52 PM
My LHS runs a commercial. It shows Maxxes, 1/8th scale buggies and savages racing on their track.

76ers#1
04-09-2004, 09:14 PM
i have never seen a r/c manfacturer commercial but there was a electric r/c with dish wheels being worked on by the dad on a orange listerine commercial (was only shown for a brief sec)

rcguy2477
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
are there any rc shows on oln? I have heard of a couple on the outdoor network, but i never heard or seen any on oln

lerningdriver
04-09-2004, 10:03 PM
i've yet to see anything rc related on tv, anyone know where I can find any?

Animeboy123
04-09-2004, 10:18 PM
i have never seen a r/c manfacturer commercial but there was a electric r/c with dish wheels being worked on by the dad on a orange listerine commercial (was only shown for a brief sec)

It was a XXXS

SteveK
04-09-2004, 11:52 PM
are there any rc shows on oln? I have heard of a couple on the outdoor network, but i never heard or seen any on oln

That's just it: I don't know WHICH 'outdoor' network it was on. It was on the network that doesn't run the ProTruck off-road desert racing, whichever one that is.

rcguy2477
04-10-2004, 08:51 AM
I think the one with the desert racing is oln. If it is, than i am out of luck, i dont get the O.N.

crushed
04-12-2004, 12:19 PM
ive seen two shows related to rc on tv and both were pretty crappy one was on diy (do it yourself) i would clasify it as a newbies only show. and the other was on the outdoor life network. it was a little better but not really worth my time.

seagull22ds
04-13-2004, 02:53 PM
yeah I have the DIY network and the show sucks, maybe if they hired and expert (like me) the show would be a lot better. One local hobby shop, Kranzels runs a commercial here and there with planes boats models and rc cars on it. it pretty cool I wish there was more though!

Scott S
04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm in 2 r/c commercials! Yay for me! :D The first one is my local off-road track who stopped running the commercial, but still does picture ad's before movies in the nearby movie theaters. The second commercial is for my local hobby shop. I was shown helping a customer (actually my dad in real life) from behind the counter and my rs4 pro was shown driving on the track in the basement of the store. Filming the second part was a lot of fun.. the camera guy actually put his professional camera on the track surface and asked me how close I could drive past it without hitting it.. hehehe. I drove straight at it and at the last second turned away, nearly giving the guy a heartattack. Those commercials were tons of fun to make, it's amazing how much footage they take and don't use. They easily had enough footage for 20 commercials, but cut it all down to 30 seconds. Watch for me on tv during the holidays! :D