04-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Billy Easton joins DuraTrax team ...

http://www.duratrax.com/new/billyeaston.html

RCMayhem293
04-13-2004, 03:40 PM
Whoa...

Polk
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Billy easton has joined there staff says nothing about him racing for them though....

metalry101
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Congratulations to Duratrax. This should further them image rebuild efforts. They've pulled a Hyundai in the r/c world, going from making the worst products to some much better stuff that's actually worth more than you pay for it. Very nice. It's great to see someone other than Losi and Associated get into racing 1/10 scale off-road (nothing against either company, I just like to see variety). Again, congratulations to Duratrax, this is an excellent move for them.

Fidelio
04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
this could be interesting.
i certainly don't expect to be racing duratrax but the news is definitely interesting.

almost sounds like duratrax got him drunk, or he lost a bet of some sort. :p

atm92484_3
04-13-2004, 06:05 PM
He was a good man and will be missed by the rc world... :p

With the recent stuff coming out of Duratrax's factory, this should help push their stuff up another notch. Hopefully we'll also see some new 1/8 stuff.

Prelude14WRX
04-13-2004, 08:25 PM
What does AE have to say about this? :confused:

I hope we see a duratrax TC :D

2 speed nitro
04-13-2004, 08:52 PM
whats wrong wit duratrax?

jdm3849
04-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Absolutely nothing.

People always have to be putting something down...

2 speed nitro
04-13-2004, 09:05 PM
yup...duratrax is a good company....and deserves respect just as any other company for their efforts..thank you

BCat125
04-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Why would he do this. Is it just me or is duratrax just beginner lever rcs. I havent seen one of their vehicles that really seems worthy of racing.

Lapster
04-14-2004, 06:35 PM
No, you probably havent ever seen a driver with a duratrax worth anything. The evaders and Bx's are basically xx's... which can still be competitive.

rc10gtisthebest
04-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Well DuraTrax probably gave him an offer they couldn't refuse. Also, have you seen the new duratrax Pro BX and ST are looking pretty decent...

-todd

2strokesmoke
04-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Ny nitro Evader is a big step up in quality from my older Duratrax RC's. I think with a few mods and some tweaking, that this is a real good race truck. I havnt raced it yet, but Im pretty sure I'd have to put a smaller engine to be class legal. I think Duratrax is moving in the right direction by hiring a big name in racing.

2 speed nitro
04-18-2004, 09:35 AM
i got a street force...and have raced some other cars mostly rs4's and actuallybeat most of them when i was stock and had wheel wobble...not with some modz and a tuned pipe they don't even stand a chance....point being with a little work duratrax cars and or trucks can be just as competitive and even better....plus its not all about the car...driver matters too :D

QUAKE&SHAKE
04-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Billy easton has joined there staff says nothing about him racing for them though....

Neither does it say he wont be racing.
It does say he will be developing, testing and evaluating performance. What better way to evaluate performance than by racing.

He could most likely take an Evader Pro set it up and beat 98% of the racers on this site reguardless of what they drive.

Like 2 speed nitro said "driver matters too" but I feel it matters most.
Thats how the Cen funFactor MT2 monster truck won a National Championship. Beating highly modded Doms tricked out maxxes, Jt's.

TC3Racer
04-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Billy Easton definitely got offered AT LEAST double of what AE was paying him. I would switch to if it was that much money but its a bummer AE lost such a talented driver. Even now when the T4 has just come out and hasn't even been raced much since its so new. Anyway good luck Duratrax. I admit they have definitely been moving in the right direction with the BX and ST Pro. Hopefully they will look at something else to make reasonably competitive. The thing i can guarantee we'll be seeing is Duratrax cars looking alot more like AE cars since Easton knows what works after working with AE. They wont copy but they will definitely look alike.

duratraxdude
04-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Congratulations to Duratrax. This should further them image rebuild efforts. They've pulled a Hyundai in the r/c world, going from making the worst products to some much better stuff that's actually worth more than you pay for it. Very nice. It's great to see someone other than Losi and Associated get into racing 1/10 scale off-road (nothing against either company, I just like to see variety). Again, congratulations to Duratrax, this is an excellent move for them.

Yeah, they got good stuff when they come out with the original eveder, good stuff, I still have mine and still haven't had to replace any of the electronics. good stuff.

duratraxdude

Fidelio
04-29-2004, 12:22 AM
word on the street is he was looking for the time and money to go back to school and this opportunity would allow both. again, that's just what i've heard through the grapevine.

GT-Racing
04-29-2004, 02:08 PM
to me the gas trucks St's in particular really look like Ae's copies close but not 100% i mean look at the chassis. almost spitting image!