PDA

View Full Version : Tire Wobble

Animeboy123
04-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Anybody know of a good way to get the wobbleing out a tire without buying anything? Its a ST front tire that i am talking about.

Thanks

b3guyRC10
04-13-2004, 06:04 PM
I am assuming that the tire is properly balenced. Take the tire on the rim and spin it on a screwdriver. If it stops in the same spot, glue a screw or something metal to the inner part of the rim. Keep doing this until the tire is properly balenced.

highroller
04-16-2004, 03:32 AM
Could be another problem causing the problem - if foam liner used that could be bunch up or if tire not stretched and aligned could lead to severe wobbling.
When assembling tire take foam liner and trim the edge that is next to tire so it is rounded - trim the section that next to rim if needed so it fits better. Trim small pieces and test fit, then install inside tire, test fit tire to rim to ensure there are no gaps then roll tire/rim back and forth several time to ensure the foam is no causing irregular high spot or getting bunched up and tire is fitting snug to rim. Fix if there seems to be irregular or area that don't seem right. Wrap a rubber band around tire to keep in secure and apply a bead of CA around - use an empty plastic bag or Glad Wrap (to keep tire from being glued to work surface). Glue one side and allow time for glue to cure then flip tire over and glue other side.

this should rid you of most of the wobbling - balancing will only help if tire was installed on the rim correctly. If tire has been glued there is little that can be done now.

Fast T3
04-19-2004, 08:34 PM
you can cut it off and then put it on right or just leave it one of my Masher 2000's wobbles and my truck seems fine

MaxxGT23
04-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Is it for sure the tire and wheel or is it maybe the axle? I am sure you checked that out already though.

losiguy1090
04-22-2004, 07:58 AM
make sure the wheel nuts are tight. are the tires down in the bead real good? i mest up on a set of tires for my nt and parts of the tire arent down in the bead and those tires wobbled a lot. also make sure the axle is tight. there should be a screw on the front knuckle.

and which car do you have?