PDA

View Full Version : RCX show Anaheim

dutchalltheway
04-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey guys,

I am going to the Show in Anaheim next week.Any of you guys went there before and can tell me about it??
For example, do they sell cars there or just show them?Do they sell hop-up parts there or not?
I am exited to go there (7 hour drive..ouch!)but UI'm sure it is worth it.

Thanks for the reply guys.

lerningdriver
04-13-2004, 11:05 PM
they said they will have a big section dedicated for marketing (selling/buying) and that it'll have much lower prices on most items, but I doubt it.

baih
04-13-2004, 11:06 PM
there were cars and parts last year and there is suppose to be more this year. bring your biggest backpack and all your money. cash and credit cards.
the demos are fun to watch. battling robots, dirt track and fly zone. helicopters are great.
hope your not driving all night.
get a map of the area. do not use harbor blvd offramp unless you come early in the morning. harbor blvd has a back entrance to disneyland. you will be stuck in traffic for a good hour to go two blocks. i timed it last year.
its worth the drive.

Burnout
04-14-2004, 05:15 AM
Went there last year (duh) on Sunday. What I found out there was much more action on Saturday. If they are going to do the same thing this year, you better go on a Saturday.

I was also hoping that it was a selling show too. Not too many vendors and the only place to get stuff was pretty much Hobby People. I brought a few hundred dollars because I expected to find some great deals and products. Not to be mean but there wasn't anything I felt was great or had a great price. Its basically companies showing off their products (which was cool).

But I love this hobby so I did enjoy the show, then again a crappy hobbyshop can give me a good time. Definitely did not live up to the hype. It was worth it for me though and I only live 30min away.

Their parking system was also crap. If its full you have to park at a hotel. I parked at the Clarion and it was cheap (on Sunday). Marriott and Hilton would cost much more.

dutchalltheway
04-14-2004, 12:37 PM
We decided to take off to Anaheim Friday about 1800 hours. Be there at approximately 0200 hours on Saturday morning. We booked a room at the Anabella Hotel, so we will grab some sleep and are there before the big rush from everyone else. Also...our parking will be taken care off then. My sweetie wants to visit Disneyland in the evening, so we will make a long day out of it.

It would be really nice if they would sell goodies there...althouh I'm mostly interested in the cars that are not available yet....(the LST, Genesis and REVO). I will make quite a lot of pictures for all of you who are nog going there, but still want to have a taste of it. :)

baih
04-15-2004, 12:38 AM
dutch,
where are you coming from?

MaxxGT23
04-15-2004, 12:59 AM
I wish they would have the show in the center of the United States instead of all the way in California. I live in Kansas and it would be a ridiculously long drive. Dang it. :(

dutchalltheway
04-15-2004, 07:52 PM
dutch,
where are you coming from?
Baih..I am born and raised in Rotterdam-Holland, but I live since 5 years in Yuba City-California. My wife is American ya know... :) shoot me an e-mail if ya want to.. :) I love to hear from other RC-freaks... :p

baih
04-15-2004, 08:36 PM
i sent you a private message