PDA

View Full Version : age to own a savage 25

videogamer589
04-14-2004, 02:37 AM
I wanted to know how old you have to be to own a savage 25.

thunderbt3
04-14-2004, 02:44 AM
0 hehe, seriously tho

shadowghost1
04-14-2004, 03:20 AM
:confused: Since its a Savage 25 then I would think 25 years old. :confused: LOL

RCRACER2471
04-14-2004, 07:33 AM
I wanted to know how old you have to be to own a savage 25.

Old enough to be responsible and be able to take care of a $400 truck...

losiguy1090
04-14-2004, 07:47 AM
exactly. you have to be responsible and careful because if you dont know what your doing you could hurt people, damage property etc. basically, since you have to be 13 to join this forum, assuming your atleast 13, then your most likely responsible enough to own a 400 dollar truck.

Breakin2
04-14-2004, 08:28 AM
You need a driver's license and a second form of ID.

fordman
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I'll agree and say a minimum of 13 years old, and have basic mechanical knowledge and common sense. Be honest with yourself on how responsible you are and how much you know about mechanics.
I see 12&13 year old kids bring thier t-maxx's and Gt's into my LHS and say stuff like, "It revvs up but won't go anywhere", and it's a stripped spur. Or, "I've been messing with it and it still won't start" and we find out that the lsn is all the way closed.
If you are unsure if you are ready to handle a $420 truck, just get something smaller to "cut your teeth on." I bought a used clod for my 7 (almost 8) year old and he does pretty well with it as long as you have a big enough area. I think in a few years he'll be ready for a faster electric truck like a T4 just because he'll already have basic knowledge of how things work.
If you do decide on the savage, tho, good luck and happy bashing. :)

serpent69
04-14-2004, 07:42 PM
i think you should rephrase your question, it sounds a little childish. Perhaps what you should say is, "What was everyone's first quality rc car? Was it nitro, electric, how old were you at the time? How much did it cost? On or offroad?" If you're responsible enough to maintain a savage go for it, but if you don't know what you're doing, it can be $400 down the drain, and a trip to hell! Trust me, if you don't know what you're tinkering, tightening, adjusting, or loosening on an rc car, be prepared to face the consiquences.

egdinger
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Do you have any other nitros? Electrics? Do you maintain and work on them? If you do and you under stand the risks of a 12lb truck moving at the speeds it does than you probably are responseable enuogh to own one. I don't think there is a physical age, just mental

lerningdriver
04-14-2004, 08:54 PM
if you got cash you can drive anything.

Dallas
04-14-2004, 09:02 PM
well im 13 and i thought i would be old enough for a tc3 but i keep breaking parts every so often or stuff needs to be replaced and my parents will only lend me so much money. have to start working around the house more and that kind of things

lerningdriver
04-14-2004, 09:07 PM
like I said, if you got cash, you can drive anything.

2mcgrath
04-14-2004, 09:27 PM
yeah it sure takes cash to operate nitro stuff for sure..i would agree 13 and up but the savage would break a leg in a heart beat if in the hands of someone not yet responsible enough to operate that much truck because i own a savage 25 and i must say its a whole lot of truck..the old saying is you gotta crawl before you walk..i myself started at age 15 with electric losi buggy and then moved into electric bolink oval and just recently went into nitro..and im now 26 years old so i have my knowledge and know how about driving built up..but if you have dealt with nitro cars and trucks before then you know the tricks of the trade and should be fine with a savage..

Shawn300
04-14-2004, 10:02 PM
I started when i was 13 and learned from a friend, got experience and hooked on nitro, then did my own research and got an OB4. I also learned basic r/c mechanics while watching him drive/work on his first car(rs4 3 rtr). I would think a car with a good clean simple lay out would be best for a beginner. This way they can learn about how things work and get the basic knowledge of nitro. Also reading r/c magazines and forums like these helps you learn a lot.

fordman
04-15-2004, 12:46 AM
I like Dallas' parents. If your parents basically support your R/C habit, you should have to work for the money. it teaches responsibility. For example, I won't charge the batt for my son's clod until his room is clean, all the dog poo is cleaned up out of the yard, and his homework is done. I don't even have to tell him anymore, he comes home and just does it. Coming from a farming and military family, I feel kids should earn their keep.

off the subject, but just my $0.02

MaxxGT23
04-15-2004, 12:56 AM
I believe that if you are new to r/c, then you should start off with electric and then move to nitro. It also helps if you are used to having small engine knowledge such as what is needed to run 2-stroke dirt bikes and 4-wheelers. That is what helped me out when I first started running nitro. And yes, you have to be responsible.

losiguy1090
04-15-2004, 07:45 AM
I'll agree and say a minimum of 13 years old, and have basic mechanical knowledge and common sense. Be honest with yourself on how responsible you are and how much you know about mechanics.
I see 12&13 year old kids bring thier t-maxx's and Gt's into my LHS and say stuff like, "It revvs up but won't go anywhere", and it's a stripped spur. Or, "I've been messing with it and it still won't start" and we find out that the lsn is all the way closed.

im 13 and you dont hear about me doing stuff like that :p ive seen some younger kids who didnt do any research before they bought theyre cars and come ask me questions like "what will happen if i run 60% nitro" i know this one rich kid in my neighborhood who saw me running my xxxnt one day and decided he wanted one so the next day he goes and buys a hardcore tmaxx[correction, his dad goes out and buys him a hardcore tmaxx] and hasnt run it in 7 months. :rolleyes: he says it wont run, i told him hes out of gas but he doesnt beleive me :rolleyes: :p

serpent69
04-15-2004, 12:53 PM
lol ^^ tell him i'll give'em $100 for the hardcore T-maxx! :D :D (im serious lol)

2mcgrath
04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
ill do better than that i will go $150 on it..seeing as how i would have to buy some gas for it because im out at the moment..lol

lerningdriver
04-15-2004, 07:31 PM
hehe, i'll go 200$ as long as it's in a good condition :D