PDA

View Full Version : Good Online Hobby Shops!!!!!

BallarDe
04-18-2004, 09:37 PM
I live in a very small town with another very small town about 1 hour away, and niether have anything with R/C cars. What are some good online hobby shops that are reputable besides Hobby Poeple and Tower Hobbys and of cource the obvious Ebay! Let me know!!
Thank You
BallarDe@charter.net

ElectricThunder
04-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Tower hobbies is awesome. They have polite people, and are timely usually. When i got a wrong order they corrected it. :)

LosiXXXS 69
04-18-2004, 10:28 PM
www.towerhobbies.com

www.stormerhobbies.com

space_doc
04-18-2004, 10:37 PM
I've mostly stuck to Hobby People and Tower. I've had great service from Tower and fast shipping on stuff from HP. There's also Sheldon's at www.sheldonshobbies.com and Ultimate at www.ultimatehobbies.com. I'm not all familiar with those two but just thought I'd throw them out there.

Krasi_5000
04-18-2004, 11:09 PM
i agree. Tower hobbies is a very good site. As a matter of fact its the only one i've dealt with. I havent had to use any other cause i fing everything i need on tower.

R-MAXX
04-18-2004, 11:11 PM
www.rcboys.com <--very good prices

psbarger
04-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Tower, Stormer, RC Boyz and Ashford Hobbies have had a ton of business from me in the last couple of months, and their service has been great so I'm sure they'll get a ton more....

JamminJay
04-19-2004, 03:29 AM
http://www.pegasushobbies.com/

http://acehardwarehobbies.com

NitroRookie
04-19-2004, 03:47 AM
Krasi_5000

I read your post and you said you only get your RC's and rc parts from Tower hobbies. Since Towerhobbies is based in the U.S.

How much duty and tax do you pay ?

cheerwhiner
04-19-2004, 09:43 AM
rcboyz is great with tamiya prices, i have compared them to tower for those. I go to rcboyz first for a product- if they don't have it, then i'd go to tower. RCBoyz is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than tower! But they do stock major parts for the big companies including Losi, which Tower doesn't have.

raderrustler
04-20-2004, 02:55 AM
www.nitrohouse.com

thedarkness
04-20-2004, 03:18 AM
i use ace and stormer but ive had problems with stormer lately.last 2 orders i placed the the order and 2 weeks later they finally ship it to me, i am paying with credit card so there is no waiting for payment.i have another order coming that i ordered on the 22nd last month.ace is really fast and decent prices.i get electronics from dinball in hong kong.rc boyz also has an ebay store.rcnutzhobbies is alright as well

Craps
04-20-2004, 06:16 AM
I know it is nice to save a dollar by buying online, but you guys that have a local hobby shop need to try to support it as much as can for the fact they can have a part you need that day instead of having to wait 2 to 3 days ordering online. It may cost you a little more money, but the local hobby shop needs to stay in business for all to benefit including walk in business could generate new people coming into RC racing.

Support you're local Hobby Shop!

space_doc
04-20-2004, 08:58 AM
This is a Public Service announcement.

I agree with Craps' last post. I found a great track in August and decided to start racing for the first time. I already had all my RC's so he lost out on sales, but I bought all my parts from him. Unfortunately the city bought the building he was leasing and now we have no track. he can't afford a new place unless racers buy stuff from his store. So keep that in mind everyone, no sales = no rent for your local LHS. No rent = no racing! Support your local LHS.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Marburg
04-20-2004, 12:11 PM
www.ashfordhobby.com

TJNMT
04-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I know it is nice to save a dollar by buying online, but you guys that have a local hobby shop need to try to support it as much as can for the fact they can have a part you need that day instead of having to wait 2 to 3 days ordering online. It may cost you a little more money, but the local hobby shop needs to stay in business for all to benefit including walk in business could generate new people coming into RC racing.

Support you're local Hobby Shop!

not when they charge 20% above Retail. .Now this is a different story when I lived in Cali. 90% of rc prodcuts were bought from Hobby People, Ahh Cali moving back 5 months,

AreCee
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM
I agree that the LHS should be supported but that's if there is a LHS nearby. From the original post it seems that the closest shop is miles and miles away which can make access quite difficult and costly to reach. In such cases an online shop makes sense.

I live in a major Mid-west metropolis that just lost it's finest hobby shop of 50 years (retirement of the owner and the family didn't want to take over). Now the next nearest good shop is about 20 miles away or about an hours drive in traffic. Figuring that the cost of operating a car in a big city is about $.50/mi then it cost about $20.00 and almost two hours of my time just to get to the shop to buy a $10.00 part. No thank you, I can place an order through Tower using parts express and get the same $10.00 part for $4.00 shipping. (Cost of the parts is immaterial because the LHS charges the same as Tower.)

As they say in real estate, there are three things needed to make a good deal; location, location and location.

Maxxcrazy
04-20-2004, 04:29 PM
I go to my LHS's as much as possible, but when they don't have what I want, I order from tower. If its a Losi item, I order from stormerhobbies.com. Both are really great places to deal with, I've never had any problems.

cheerwhiner
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
i get stuff from my work all the time, but it takes WEEKS for us to get things!

Krasi_5000
04-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Krasi_5000

I read your post and you said you only get your RC's and rc parts from Tower hobbies. Since Towerhobbies is based in the U.S.

How much duty and tax do you pay ?

sorry i havent replied i forgot about this thread.
Yes i only order bigger/more expensive things from tower because the shipping sometimes isnt worth it.
When i order they put on the %15 TAX (Ontario) also tower charger i think $22cdn and i think there was no duty or it was some minimal amount.
I think it was just the tax.