PDA

View Full Version : Racing(your thoughts and experiances)

nitroguy2001
04-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Today was seriously one of the best races at our track ever. It was a 3 car race between me and the other 2 of the fastest guys at the track in nitro touring. We were all within a car length of eachother for a good 7 minutes untill pits. I pulled in early to get clear track. the guy in 2nd and 1st stayed out. I caught up to them and made my way up to 1st. Had some radio glitches that put me back in third, but i moved back up into second. The guy in third ran out of gas and it was just a great race between me and really the best guy at the track. he has been racing onroad 1 1/2 years long than me and racing in general longer than i have been alive. But it was seriously just a great day.

How about you guys? Any really cool storys and stuff from your track? Lets hear!

Brian~

Krasi_5000
04-18-2004, 11:11 PM
sounds like a wicked race. Hehe i bet you the guy that ran out of gas was concentrating too hard to think about fuel lol.

Fidelio
04-19-2004, 12:13 AM
sounds like you had a great time.

for me, a bad day at the track is better than a good day elsewhere. win or lose, i always have a blast.

the only time i get discouraged is when i break a part i don't have and have to stop early.

b3guyRC10
04-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Or you are like me and go through, this is all in one race day.
1 OS .12 CVR
1 OS #8 plug
1 RRP steel spur
1 RRP clutchbell
1 MIP 4n1 clutch
4 Spur gears

LOL^ Anyways that was last summer, I ended up dropping in a spare picco engine, and fixed everything. I placed 1rst in the a main.

TC3Racer
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
i have a good time and experience every time i go racing. Its not easy to race 3 classes and finish all of them but its fun to race and chill with everyone. its all fun.

Probably my best experience was last summer when i set the track record by over half a second. There are alot of fast guys at my track and i'm one of them in the 1.8th scale buggy class. I also raced MT and electric stadium truck. This year i dropped MT and gone Gas truck instead with a GT. Racing is so much fun i dont know what i would do without it. It would probably be hard for me to stay in the hobby because i dont have nearly as much fun bashing. you can check out my LHS and they have track pics and everything. www.extremerconline.com

losiguy1090
04-19-2004, 07:41 PM
my best racing expericance was a few months aago. it was my first race with my savage. i had barely ran the truck engough to break it in and tune it and i finished second in the amain. i was pretty excited since i had hardly driven the truck! and the rest of the guys were guys racing truggies and savages and tmaxx's with lots of driving and tuning time.

Prelude14WRX
04-19-2004, 10:06 PM
I love to race on carpet on-road. Everytime I go i feel that wierd tingly feeling in my stomach(butterflys i guess). Its so much fun. i am one of the better drivers...but my wallet wont let me go as fast as i want. I started 1/12 and can aford a lot of the stuff. I hope to competive next carpet racin season. I raced touring stock before 1/12.

Prelude14WRX
04-19-2004, 10:07 PM
my best racing expericance was a few months aago. it was my first race with my savage. i had barely ran the truck engough to break it in and tune it and i finished second in the amain. i was pretty excited since i had hardly driven the truck! and the rest of the guys were guys racing truggies and savages and tmaxx's with lots of driving and tuning time.

Where are u racing?? Do u go to leisure hours raceway??

Witness_02
04-20-2004, 12:34 PM
The best race ive ever seen was 1/10 pan cars running at my track. Because its an outdoor track, most poeple run nitro, so only about 5 or 6 cars turn up for the race, and so the quality is always excellent.

Two guys running very fast cars, almost nose to tail for about 10 laps. It was literally that close, just lapping around like that. If anyone has seen 1/10 pan, they are damn fast, and run like theyre on rails, so it was like watching real racing. I cant really convey how professional it looked, but it got people cheering when moves were made.

regards

rcguy2477
04-20-2004, 03:49 PM
My best week was actually just two weeks ago. It was the first race of the outdoor season at my track, and everyone was trying to get the best setup. In the main, i was in 3rd (out of 14), and then the person in first broke, so i was then in second. With 15 seconds to go, i saw the person in first start to loose power, and i soon cought up and passed him. I then went on to take the lead.

Got Speed
04-20-2004, 05:58 PM
You have to love close racing like that. Last week I had the same thing going on with me and 3 other people. I had 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th every 30 seconds. I was just constantly back and forth. Mostly pretty clean too especially for off-road. I ended up with 4th because I flipped twice that put me way back and there was only about 1 minute left. I drove like mad to catch up and when I crossed the finish line I was only 1 1/2 seconds back. It was awesome. Racing is always fun whether you win or lose. Sometimes it can be a little discouraging by breaking that ends your main or if you do something stupid but 99% of the time it's just fun no matter where you place or what happens to you car. I love racing and would go everytime I could if I could afford it. Being only 16 I can only race every other week but once I get a job here hopefully I can get to go racing every week or so.

losiguy1090
04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Where are u racing?? Do u go to leisure hours raceway??

i was at one of my clubs races, they held it at leisure on a tuesday night a few months ago. i go to leisure, but not as often as id like. during the outdoor season i dont race there too much.

Prelude14WRX
04-20-2004, 06:40 PM
i was at one of my clubs races, they held it at leisure on a tuesday night a few months ago. i go to leisure, but not as often as id like. during the outdoor season i dont race there too much.

Leisure is good, but im into on-road. Have u checked out aj's raceway? They have awesome tracks for all year round.

losiguy1090
04-21-2004, 08:01 AM
yea ive been to aj's a few times. i dont race onroad [yet] but i really want a ntc. prolly gonna buy one this summer cuz i got a job caddying.

Prelude14WRX
04-21-2004, 06:59 PM
maybe ill see ya there, but i usually bash durin the summer.

psbarger
04-21-2004, 09:06 PM
I love racing. Last saturday was my first ever off road race with my T3 and B3. TQ'd both truck and buggy, then won the A main in buggy by nearly 2 laps and the A main in truck by almost a lap. :D It's fun coming out of nowhere and catching all the guys who've been racing for years by surprise, they didn't expect a off road newbie with RC10 sport kits (bushings baby!) to give them a race like that. :)

In a couple of weeks the onroad track should be opening here, which is perfect for me since I got just over 2 weeks till finals are over and I'm on vacation. I think I'm gonna be out practicing every single day, its so much fun, plus the competiveness in me is really driving me to be the REALLY good guys when they show up (several of them have top 5 finishes at the huuuuuge races and are all fully sponsered). Gimme some time practicing and I think I'll be able to at least give them a run for it....