PDA

View Full Version : Foam chunks

Tc3-dude
04-20-2004, 08:53 PM
I race my tc3 on a carpet based track. Im getting sick and tired if my foam tires getting all chunked up. I lose all my rear traction i have. I dont crash much at all and the body doesnt run in any way.

Whats a solution?

Pro3/nmt105
04-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Truing the tires down when they are new can help prevent chunking and actually make them last longer because you wont have to throw them out because they are all chunked up.

Scott S
04-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Like Pro3/nmt105 said, true your tires down quite a bit when you first buy them. Doing this will actually make your tires last longer and not be as easily chunked. Try and bring the tires down to about 59mm diameter and see if that helps :)

raderrustler
04-21-2004, 11:01 PM
I run 1/8th and always have my tires trued to keep balance and handling, also use tire rings if available. A clean cut will make them last alot longer and more consistent.
Randy

rcguy2477
04-22-2004, 05:35 PM
You can atually somewhat fix them. Get a tire that is almost completely ruined, and cut a chunk out of them to fit in the spot where the tires is chunked. Then superglue it in place(press it in place as hard as you can without gluing your tires), and get some of the foam dust from a person who trues thier tires and fill in the little gaps. After you have done this, true the tires, and they will be good enough to use on club level.