PDA

View Full Version : senior project

PhsykoManMKAO
04-22-2004, 05:33 PM
well im not sure about the schools you guys go to but at my school in order to graduate you need to complete a senior project. you must spend 15 hours on the project write a 5-10 page essay on what the project was about, a working model and a works cited page. well i was just thinking... it would be interesting to do it on rc cars! im interested in it and it would be easy. buy a kit build it and set it up for a certain track, plus its an excuse to buy a new rc car :D . lol well, with all these great magazines and sites for rc cars, the complexity of set-ups and the time required to build and set it up it would be a perfect project. there was one kid in my school that bought an entertainment stand and put it together in one night wrote a report and handed it in, he forgot to take off the letter stickers on teh pieces when he took the pictures yet the slacker still passed. lol. amazing. anyways anyone have any ideas on what all i should include in a report/summary?

race on.

edit: mugen mst-1 vs trinity t-spec. thats the two choices atm that i would like to do it on, which one you think i should chose?

lerningdriver
04-22-2004, 06:41 PM
choose whichever one you like, it wont make much difference.

you could explain the whole geometry thing in RC cars, and have a dictionary with all the terms.

Scott S
04-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Your getting off easy! :D For my senior project, I had to do 30 hours of community service, 10page research paper, and an entire class period of standing up in front of the class giving an oral presentation about the project! Geez did I dread coming to school that day.

Anyways, go for it man, that sounds like a fun project. As long as you can get reliable sources for your works cited page and your teacher doesn't mind it being an r/c magazine or something similar, your set. I did my project on the history of the automobile and their future with hybrid vehicles being my main focus.

Goodluck!

RCMayhem293
04-22-2004, 07:49 PM
I'd go with the T-Spec. The Touring Cars seem to have more tuning options, and that makes for a better, more in-depth report. Besides, it's Trinity. :-p

PhsykoManMKAO
04-22-2004, 09:18 PM
i was thinkin the same thing rcmayhem. touring cars do have alot more to setup. im gonna love the blank stares i get when i go indepth into an rc car. lol. this aint no nikko baby.and if i did it on the mst-1 i could put in a .18 motor for time being and say "did i mention it goes 50mph" :eek: . if i was rich id make a ten second car. rc that is. i think its possible with an 1/8th scale on-roader. or maybe the schumacher fusion with a rb concepts .28 and that 3 speed tranny. id like to see someone try it.

lerningdriver
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
...this aint no nikko baby

heh.. i'm gonna write that on my body :D

offroadcrazy01
04-22-2004, 10:22 PM
http://store2.esellerate.net/store/catalog.aspx?s=STR313706835&pc= http://users.pandora.be/elvo/intro.htm Try these two they explain alot

lerningdriver
04-23-2004, 08:35 AM
hehe.. i wanna c their face when you show them this:

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/c1/oversteer.gif
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/c1/drift.gif

this aint no nikko baby :D

MikeWz
04-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Maybe you should do the MST-1. With the MT12 you'll be edging 40mph and com'on, everybody likes speed (although that's the whole hobby, it sure is a cool part :p )

offroadcrazy01
04-23-2004, 12:33 PM
try it on 1/8 onroads 80 miles a hour with a c5 i know some sites you could show video's in class

lerningdriver
04-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I think rcca still has the video in their archive of that one car going 200 or so in the circle track.

Krasi_5000
04-23-2004, 05:45 PM
ya those are tether cars. All they do is fast in cirlces i myself dont find that interesting at all even if it does go 200MPH.

format13
04-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Your getting off easy! :D For my senior project, I had to do 30 hours of community service, 10page research paper, and an entire class period of standing up in front of the class giving an oral presentation about the project! Geez did I dread coming to school that day.

they spent a whole month or so just to get everyone's oral presentations done? sounds like a waste of time to me...(edit: messed up "quote" tags)