PDA

View Full Version : gs sut engine upgrade.

PhsykoManMKAO
04-22-2004, 05:38 PM
what would be a good upgrade over the r25mt engine? fantom .21 or fantom .27. picco/omega vs picco werks? there both picco engines but what is the difference? the p7 and p3 are both comparable to the fantom engines. would the 21 add that much of a power boost to the gs sut or should i go for the 27? and is that even that much of a recognizable boost?

mattyk6
04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
If I had the money, this would be the motor that I would put in:
Trinity Sirio .27 Racer Monster Horsepower 27XL
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPH8&P=0

atm92484_3
04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
I don't think any of the Fantom big blocks are currently available. As long as you have a little tuning experience, a Picco .26 (Werks, Ofna, Wasp) would be a great engine for the truck. I currently have one in my Savage and its torque and RPM is impressive (plus its a pretty affordable engine). Its hard to say how it stacks up against .21s, but juding from RCCA's dyno of a Wasp .26, it should hold its own in the RPM department.

PhsykoManMKAO
04-22-2004, 06:43 PM
if i had the money id have an rb .28 but thats the problem.. lol i dont have the money. the picco and fantom engines are nicely priced and give all the power i'd really need.

TC3Racer
04-22-2004, 11:16 PM
how is the stock engine in the SUT? I've been looking to get that truck and wanted to know how it ran.

As far as a better engine goes i would look at the Wasp .26 or the Trinity Sirio 27 XL as well. The only really noticeable speed gain you'll notice will be the Sirio engine. The truck will freakin' fly.

PhsykoManMKAO
04-23-2004, 09:17 PM
how is the stock engine in the SUT? I've been looking to get that truck and wanted to know how it ran.

As far as a better engine goes i would look at the Wasp .26 or the Trinity Sirio 27 XL as well. The only really noticeable speed gain you'll notice will be the Sirio engine. The truck will freakin' fly.

the engine in the sut is a nice reliable engine. it starts pretty easy for a big engine and in power it reminds me of ofnas engine in their buggies, the force 26 right? i heard about problems bending axles bcuz of the long adapters but i havent had any problems with them at all.

thedarkness
04-29-2004, 04:09 AM
i have the sirio .27 in my gs sut and its pretty balls to the wall i can beat allot of 1/8 buggies(to bad there are some damn good drivers out there).but it does cost a pretty penny mine was 340us for the racer

rampbrian
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
I have werks picco .26 P3 Monster, and boy it is a monster. I just got done running my truck yesterday, and dang it was screaming.

I have to recomend the werks version of the picco .26 cause it has a higher rpm rating because of the 2 extra boost ports.

for the first gallon of gas, 25% nitro she was picky about tuning, now im just about finished the second gallon 30% nitro on her and 30% is totaly the way to go. I have this engine in my mgt, and im running 17 tooth cb, ( 15 was stock ) and im alot faster top end than with the stock .21 and I still pull crazy wheelys all the time from a dead stop.

I realley like the werks .26 picco. just keep tuning it thru the first gallon and your home free. ( ps, I recomend using a big fat high volume fuel filter, about 4 inches away from the fuel plug to the carb. it makes crispier throttle response.