PDA

View Full Version : Slow steering on E-maxx

brandon250r
04-25-2004, 01:02 AM
is it just mine? or are all e-maxx's slow on steering? maybe my servo is dirty, maybe i need a faster servo? what gives? it seems like from full lock to full lock (all the way left to all the way right) its really slow. Even when lifted off the ground. Truck is Brand new been ran 3 times is there something i'm missing? other than that the truck is great! but this problem needs solved b/c it doesn't make it fun to drive...thanks in advance!!

-Brandon

RC10tee3
04-25-2004, 01:09 AM
my friends tmaxxs are the same way,,,slow,,but once the truck is moving it should be fine,,but u could upgrade to faster and better metal geared servo...

Strike 4
04-25-2004, 01:09 AM
The stock Traxxas servo is really lousy do yourself a favor and get a new one that servo wont last very long!

baih
04-25-2004, 09:58 AM
get a kimbrough servo saver and airtronics 358 servo

Spoon37
04-26-2004, 01:14 PM
the bellcranks need ball bearings and you need....and I mean NEED a high torque servo and strong saver....

a good one for the price is the Hitec 645MG they are quite cheap and produce 130oz/in @ 6v which is enough....also the Kimbro large servo saver(black has a stronger spring) which is tough enough and also come with 3 spline adpater so it will work with the slightly unusual Hitec spline pattern.

bear in mind this is a monster truck, the traxxas 2055 servo can barely turn the wheels on a sedan with teeny 1.9" x 1" wheels this is a maxx with 5.75" x 3" wheels and tyres.......it needs alot more power to move em.

a short term measure would be to use a 6v receiver pack for more juice to the servo but ditch the trx 2055 anyways......

;)

nitroburner9248
04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Yea..or if you want a cheap servo..use one out of a savage or BFT. They are stronger. But is the price is right. Go witht the hitec ones.