PDA

View Full Version : how do i

ralliart
04-30-2004, 05:33 PM
i just got a new epic NICD battery pack and i want it to last long , so i was wondering how do i break in my new battery without running it in the car (because it's raining outside...........now) and i want to break it in the right way

thanks

Schooled
04-30-2004, 07:17 PM
dont u connect it straight to the motor and put the motor in water or somthing ????

RCMayhem293
04-30-2004, 07:27 PM
No, that's how you break in a new motor. To break in a battery pack, I think you're just supposed to cycle (charge and discharge) them a few times. That's what I did to my NiCD 1500's and they still give me just as much run time and power. Take care of your batteries, and they'll take care of you.

cardboard
04-30-2004, 08:35 PM
i've never heard of breaking in batteries. you can cycle them, but i don't think that would have any long term affects, and with nicds the cycling won't make as drastic changes as nimh batts, which need a few cycles to come alive when you first buy them or haven't used them in awhile.
use the battery, when you are done, discharge to 2.4v. after two or three runs equalize the pack on a tray.
for best results, discharge all the way down to 0.0v per cell on a discharge tray.

lerningdriver
04-30-2004, 09:06 PM
the best way (imo) is to just trickle charge them for 24 houres or as needed, and after that, just dis and re-charge it and you are good to go :)