PDA

View Full Version : I've got a question: Losi xxx nt

willmac
05-01-2004, 09:10 PM
I just bought a new losi xxx nt, and i was tightening the diff. It says tighten as tight as possible, so i was and a screw somehow snapped into two. I went to my lhs to get the part put it all back together, did, and now the wheels are very hard to turn if you turn the at the same time. It doesn't seem right at all. Any suggestions on what it may be? I know this is hard to explain over the internet, but it's worth a shot to see if you know what it is. It probably won't matter, but the part number I broke is A-2910, and is called the "Monster Diff" Adjustment screw. Thanks for your help.

Will

MikeWz
05-01-2004, 11:00 PM
From now on remeber this one thing:
Tighten as much as possible doesn't mean....get that effer in there as far as it'll go.
It just means untill it stops.

Sounds like you've got it overtightened. Loosen it up a bit, then re-tighten it and STOP when it get's tough. You just want it so when you hold the right tire and the spur (with the slipper tightened down all the way) you can't turn your left tire backwards. If that's not the problem the mesh for your Spur gear may be set too tight. Move the engine back away from the clutch bell a bit. Use a piece of paper inbetween them and push in on it. Then tighten the nuts for the mount and take out the paper.

willmac
05-02-2004, 08:43 AM
I already know my spur gear isn't too tight. I guess I'll try to loosen it up and retighten, but we barely tightened it the 2nd time. I'll try again though.

Thanks
Will

aramis
05-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey Will,Try loosening the diff all the way,then as you retighten it,rotate the diff as you go.This will make sure everything is aligned properly.Later,Jeff

willmac
05-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks... How lean can I go before it is bad. I know this varies, but just an estimate might help. Thanks again

MikeWz
05-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Will, you have to tighten down the slipper nut ALL THE WAY to adjust the diff. Once it's tightened all the way you should hold it down with your thumb, hold the right tire and try to turn the left one backwards. If you can turn it, your diff is too loose. Adjust the diff nut no more than 1/8th a turn. Do that untill you can turn it anymore, than tighten it another 1/8th turn. After that you can set your slipper back to where it was.

willmac
05-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks