PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my TC3

ralliart
05-06-2004, 05:42 PM
everytime i run at my local indoor carpet track (ozite) then i go on the track to practice and i spin on every corner, then i go back a fiddle around with the diffs (tighening, loosening, etc.) then when i get it right and i don't spin, and after acouple of runs the diffs start to loosen up (i think) then i start spinning on every corner, is it just me and why does my diffs loosen so easily then i have to go tighen my diffs again and so on , but the diffs don't really matter if i use my tire compound well it matters alittle i could still tell that the diffs are loose even with the tire compound.
oh yeah, when i was running at the track my rear clip that hold on to the battery brace went to in and was scrapping my spur gear and ruined it now theres a line or a gap because the clip/pin was scrapping at such a high speed, did this happen to anyone else.

thanks

SteveK
05-06-2004, 07:28 PM
If you diffs loosen it is one of two problems:
- The nut is on the wrong side of the car, allowing the rotation of the diffs to loosen the screw.
- The nuts are worn and need replacing. Replace both the thrust nut and screw at the same time.

Prelude14WRX
05-06-2004, 08:50 PM
For ur second question, I just used a washer under the screw by the spur gear and kept the clip in the front. This will let u slide ur batteries in.

ralliart
05-07-2004, 12:28 AM
noooo, i'm pretty sure the skrews are in the right place because the thrust nuton the other side only fits on that side because the molded plastic had that bolt inprint on it, i guesss i could replace the thrust nut but don't think it would make a big differencec because those metal skrew parts (bolt, skrews etc.) don't wear out that fast ..........does it.

AudiTT-Quattro
05-07-2004, 01:13 AM
How long has it been since you rebuilt your diffs? The plastic outdrives DO wear out easily if not maintained properly.

Greg_Hager
05-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Could it be that your tires are heating up and therefor losing traction?

ralliart
05-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Could it be that your tires are heating up and therefor losing traction?

don't you get more grip when your tires heat up

Greg_Hager
05-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Not on some tires. Pro-Line V-Rage tires, and my HPI X-Pattern Radials, get real slick on carpet when we race. The only way to get consisent traction all the way through the race is on four foams.

Prelude14WRX
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
treads on carpet? Thats gotta be the worest tire for carpet.

ralliart
05-07-2004, 11:49 PM
but i do race foam on carpet all the time, i never ever used rubber on carpet, it eats away at your tires, and the foam is for indoors and the rubber is for outdoors only. i alwasy run foam on carpet..............

Greg_Hager
05-08-2004, 01:43 AM
but i do race foam on carpet all the time, i never ever used rubber on carpet, it eats away at your tires, and the foam is for indoors and the rubber is for outdoors only. i alwasy run foam on carpet..............
I was makin sure. There are some people that run real good with rubbers on carpet.