PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in my car. Somethings not right

willmac
05-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the process of breaking in my losi xxx nt, and it seems very sluggish. I'm not talking about it takes a while to get up to speed, I'm talking about going about 15 mph the whole time. It is about 80 degrees, but no matter how much I lean it it doesn't seem to want to get up to speed. Factory of the HSN is 2.5 turns and I've leaned it down to 2. I know it's not good if you lean it too much, but how lean can I go. Or is leaning it even going to fix my problem. Thanks for your help. Will

willmac
05-08-2004, 12:48 PM
I am using o' donnel fuel too, and I know that is supposed to be run lean. How lean though?

willmac
05-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I think i figured it out. The slipper nut was too loose, but now that I look at the directions, it says loosen 5 turns after break in. Could this be right?? It seems that it will do what it was doing before. (I feel pretty dumb talking to myself.. LoL)

raderrustler
05-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Tighten up your slipper till the engine is broken in then tune carb and slipper for performance. The diff will probably need a setting adjustment after a couple tanks also.
Randy