PDA

View Full Version : Screw Tightness

viper2002
05-16-2004, 03:10 PM
This may seem elementary but here it is - how tight should the screws on the electric TC3 be? I have been tightening them down all way. Should I put them in until I feel that bit of resistance or should I fully tighten them down? (not meaning as hard as I can of course)

rcguy2477
05-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Its hard to explain but you should tighten the screws down untilyou feel them start to tighten up. You shouldnt put that much force on it, but you also dont want to leave them loose.

KTRTS
05-17-2004, 11:20 AM
I tighten them with a bit of force (not over-powering them) until i cant tighten them any more. THen, I undo them just t little bit (less than 1/4 turn).

Id recommend using soem threadlock on the screws :)

Revival
05-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Tighten them until you feel some resistance.......stop, take a look....if its a round head screw, as long as it touches the plastic and for countersunk head, as long as its flat. Which ever way, use Tamiya Threadlock.....its one of the best I have used where you can still remove the screw from plastics......If you use Loctite.....good luck.....

rcguy2477
05-17-2004, 03:32 PM
you dont want to use KTRTS's method for plastics, this will strip them very easily. For metals, tighten them down until thier snug.

KTRTS
05-18-2004, 09:44 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. :o I use the tighten/ untighten method for the chassis screws (apart from the steering posts and inboard rear toe blocks which are plastic). For plastic, I just tighten the screws till they are tight (untilI have to struggle to pout them in any further). :)

Krasi_5000
05-18-2004, 03:05 PM
mine i crank em until they make contact and then a little more to tighten em.
for metal same deal except a little extra ummph.

bigmike216
05-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Tighten them until you feel some resistance.......stop, take a look....if its a round head screw, as long as it touches the plastic and for countersunk head, as long as its flat. Which ever way, use Tamiya Threadlock.....its one of the best I have used where you can still remove the screw from plastics......If you use Loctite.....good luck.....

You should never use threadlock on plastics.

Revival
05-18-2004, 11:15 PM
One can use Tamiya Threadlock.......