PDA

View Full Version : where to find a futaba 3pm-fs????

adam lancia
06-08-2004, 07:30 PM
hey,

i've been looking for this radio and can't find it. all i've been able to find is the non-synthesized version and i want to get away from crystals. i've tried tower, stormer, horizon and hobbico. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

adam

adam lancia
06-10-2004, 09:54 AM
anyone????

lerningdriver
06-10-2004, 12:56 PM
I don't think they are for sale yet. I looked myself and couldn't find it. maybe they aren't out yet???

AreCee
06-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Looks like you'll need to wait until they're released for sale.

lerningdriver
06-10-2004, 01:00 PM
here's the info they have about it, though it dosen't say anything about a release date.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk15.html

highroller
06-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Stormer doesn't carry Futaba radios, best thing to do is check Tower if the model is listed it usually listed the stock or due date status. If you can leave a status update notice with tower so when it does arrive you will receive an email notice. RnL hobbies and Sheldon (???) also carry Futaba radios.

adam lancia
06-11-2004, 09:19 AM
thanks for the info guys. i'll check with RnL and sheldon's as well. tower doesn't even have a due date for it because they don't have it listed as a product...it's just not there. i wonder if it's not available yet???

note: there are 2 3pm models: the fm model that uses crystals and the fs model that is synthesized...i'm looking for the synthesized version.

mwcet8k
06-11-2004, 01:11 PM
For some reason Futaba delayed the release of the synth version last minute. Tower even started advertising it in RCCA and had it listed briefly on their site, and then all of a sudden it was gone. No explanation from Futaba, Tower or anyone. Kind of a lousy thing to do IMO. Futaba, at least tell us what the status is! Don't just leave us hanging like that. I've heard it's going to be released at the end of this year.

But all of this has convinced me to go with the competition. I'm buying a JR XS3 this weekend.

adam lancia
06-11-2004, 03:22 PM
that's crap!!! the end of the year?!?!?! that blows.....thanks for the info

lerningdriver
06-11-2004, 06:58 PM
wow.. and no idea why so late? maybe you should email them about it?

mwcet8k
06-11-2004, 09:46 PM
I've heard (strictly rumors) that Futaba didn't want the mid line 3PM to have synth before the top of the line 3PK. Futaba is about to release a synth module and receiver for the 3PK, so after that has been out a while I'm assuming they'll release the synth version of the 3PM. All rumors and speculation though...

adam lancia
06-11-2004, 11:08 PM
from a marketing stand point that makes sense but it still blows!!!!!!!!!!!