PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in P2k Pro? how?

millasur
08-25-2000, 06:21 PM
Hey,

I settled on a gearing of 88/24, and with the new P2K pro, i haven't put it in yet but I want to know if there's ANYTHING I should do before running it? I want it to last as long as possible http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif It does say tho that no break in is required...

JP
08-25-2000, 07:23 PM
88 pinion and 15 spur? Thats going to be flying! I know what you mean 15:88. In what car? Anyway the P2K doesn't need to be broken in, it comes pre-brokein at Trinity. If you want the ultimate power from it, get 4499 brushes and green springs on both ends both sold by Trinity.

------------------
Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy. You must always push the limits. Because if you never fail, you will never succeed. Cuss out the turn marshals because they cussed at you!!! Crashing is an art of driving that goes bad in result in human or mechanical error.

millasur
08-26-2000, 04:03 AM
No - 88/24, as in spur 88 pinion 24!

i dont want to cook the motor!

So basically I can just plug it in and go? sounds good.. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

IMPACTPLAYR
08-26-2000, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by millasur:
So basically I can just plug it in and go? sounds good.. http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif[/B]

NO sounds wrong the P2k isn't broken in at the factory, You need to hook it up to a 4-cell battery pack and dunk it in a glass of water while running, then let it set for about 4 minutes. pull it out disconnect the power, check the brushes if the serrations are gone your done if not repeat....

------------------
Don't hate the player, hate the game....

FMX_Redth
08-26-2000, 04:46 PM
hmm.... that would be just great for his motor... dunk it in a glass of water!!!! there ya go!!!1....

ok, DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!

u said it was a P2K PRO well the pro means its been dyno tuned by trinity and broken in.... just strap her in and pull the trigger my friend!!!!

millasur
08-26-2000, 04:57 PM
woo hoo http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif

off to have some fun - well - solder and then have some fun.

IMPACTPLAYR
08-27-2000, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by FMX_Redth:
hmm.... that would be just great for his motor... dunk it in a glass of water!!!! there ya go!!!1....

ok, DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!

u said it was a P2K PRO well the pro means its been dyno tuned by trinity and broken in.... just strap her in and pull the trigger my friend!!!!

Look at those brushes, go ahead pull 'em out they are serrated and you can see all of the serrations. Which means WHAT class.....HELLO the motor has not been broken in!!! I should know I own 4 P2Ks' and 3 spare arms.....I race these motors and no others. i have broken in all my motors this way and it works extemely well, the water circulating thru the motor removes all of the brush/comm material that gets removed and also serves as a cooling agent. AND I WILL STATE AGIAN FOR ALL OF YOU TO READ BREAK IT IN AND DO IT IN A GLASS OF WATER, OH on second thought don't then you will get to spend more of your money and will be easier to beat at the track.....as if I would have any trouble....see you read RCCA and you think your a god, you know it all....dimwit

------------------

IMPACTPLAYR
08-27-2000, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry I didn't mean to call you a dimwit, that was immature. Just to let you know I have been racing or 9 years, I'm not a sponcered driver, nor do I have any plans to be yet...I race with gentlemen who have 15-20 years experience in racing, several state championships and have placed very well in national events. I learned everything I know by asking them for help, listening to what they have to say, and watching what they do on and off track. I just try to help others like I have been helped.

------------------

bradsley
08-27-2000, 02:22 AM
Hey Impact, do you have to use 4 cells or can you use 6 cells? Thanks and -
Have a blast!

millasur
08-27-2000, 06:55 AM
Eh? Now I'm just more confused... http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/frown.gif

IMPACTPLAYR
08-27-2000, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by bradsley:
Hey Impact, do you have to use 4 cells or can you use 6 cells? Thanks and -
Have a blast!

I always use a 4 cell pack, but you could use a few 6 cell packs just runn'em down in your car till it slows, buy doesn't stop, and I'd check the brushs and comm more often.

------------------

IMPACTPLAYR
08-27-2000, 09:16 AM
What trinity means by dyno tuning is that they took a pair of brushes that had been cut to the comms demensions (what breaking in does, gave it a pass on the dyno, got the printout, and then put a fresh pair of serrated brushes in the thing.....No breakin, and very innacurate... Also for oval racing the standard P2k is better, it comes with black springs installed and the4499 "E" brushes, but they aren't serrated, but they have been contoured so breakin only takes like 30 seconds, and thecomms are mostly perfectly true...

------------------

Piester
08-27-2000, 11:21 AM
Could you explain as to why Trinity has this statement out out:

Break-In --As received, the brushes int Trinity 'PRO' motors hsould require no break-in for normal R/C Hobby or Competition use. He has a Pro motor he shouldn't have to break it in, but on all of your messages your are talking about the regular P2K's.

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR:
Look at those brushes, go ahead pull 'em out they are serrated and you can see all of the serrations. Which means WHAT class.....HELLO the motor has not been broken in!!! I should know I own 4 P2Ks' and 3 spare arms.....I race these motors and no others. i have broken in all my motors this way and it works extemely well, the water circulating thru the motor removes all of the brush/comm material that gets removed and also serves as a cooling agent. AND I WILL STATE AGIAN FOR ALL OF YOU TO READ BREAK IT IN AND DO IT IN A GLASS OF WATER, OH on second thought don't then you will get to spend more of your money and will be easier to beat at the track.....as if I would have any trouble....see you read RCCA and you think your a god, you know it all....dimwit

FLYBOY7
08-28-2000, 01:52 AM
the instructions provided with my P-2-K Pro said "No break in needed"..... just FYI

------------------

~~FLYBOY7~~
Factory Team RC10-B3
RC10-B2
Losi Junior T
And Proud Novak Owner!

IMPACTPLAYR
08-28-2000, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Piester:
Could you explain as to why Trinity has this statement out out:

Break-In --As received, the brushes int Trinity 'PRO' motors hsould require no break-in for normal R/C Hobby or Competition use. He has a Pro motor he shouldn't have to break it in, but on all of your messages your are talking about the regular P2K's.

When a serrated brush is full broken in ALL of the serrations must be gone and the brush will be fully seated, that is why we use serrated brushes, to speed up break-in. so if you want to see the full potntial of you must complete the break-in process, and I am speaking of the P2K pro motor, the standard P2K comes with full faced brushes. If you just install the motor with serrated brushes (a)you won't see full power from it (b) there will be substantial arching (c) the build-up of the material left from the arching will form between the teeth of the serrations and when they have finally worn down it will scratch the brushes and comm and form a barrier between the comm and brush. So you will never see full power out of your P2K and it will wear prematurely....

AND AGIAN I AM SPEAKING OF THE P2K PRO....and from experience....

------------------

tony b
08-29-2000, 02:08 PM
drive it like you stole it!!! if you're REALLY concerned about it R.T.F.M.