PDA

View Full Version : Weird XX handling!

millasur
08-26-2000, 05:27 PM
Hey,

Ok I have stuck my gear in (the 88/24 combo), and put new oil in the shocks and all that - my car is blazing now http://www.rccaraction.com/ubb/smile.gif heh.

I have something up with the handling tho I think:

If I accelerate, and then get up 2 full speed, then try to take a turn, I hit the brakes, and if i hit them a BIT too hard, the rear wheels lose grip and the car goes a pretty little 180. it looks nice but not too helpful (this is on a normal road by the way, where i have ot be careful of oncoming cars!)

If I do slow a bit, then head for a left turn, as the car sweeps round the front left wheel simply lifts up to the air! the car never flips right over, but im a bit worried - on a slightly grippier road it would probably catapult miles...

Just for the record, the car is set up pretty standard, with rear dogbones level, front ones raised a bit, 20 w oil in all shocks, a bit of toe out at the front, and toe in at the rear.

Sorry thats all I can give - I know that this doesnt like a lot, but believe me it really buggers up the handling sometimes!

very low budget racer
08-26-2000, 06:24 PM
you neew some onroad tires the ofroad ones give no grip whatsoever onroad, also try to lower your car is your running on road unless your doing jumps i have on road tires on my xxt and it runs ok which is what to expect from a offroad vehicle