PDA

View Full Version : Masher 2000 Tires + Stadium Truck = Massive Turning Radius

Qube
06-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Masher 2000 Tires + Stadium Truck = Massive Turning Radius

Right now I have the Nitro Evader paired up with these all around...

http://graphics.hobbypeople.net/gallery/331013.jpg

The throttle response is still great, but the turning radius is all shot to heck and back. I already have a higher speed steel gear steering servo. What else can I change, other than the tires, to gain steering?

Jenith44
06-27-2004, 09:55 PM
The tires or get another servo with more torque, thats about all you can do. Ide put on some dirt works tires instead they would give you better proformance anyways due to less side-wall flex and lower weight. I have them on my rs4 mt and they get traction on anything that ive run on.http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline/tires/1072/1072.jpg

gizmoguy303
06-27-2004, 10:05 PM
As long as you have a decent steering servo, all you need to do is change back to some decent tires to gain your steering back. Changing your setup (camber, toe-in, ackerman, roll center, springs, shock oil, pistons, etc.) can also affect your steering, however 90% of any setup is proper tires/inserts. Tire selection depends on what surface you run on.

C.J.OO
06-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Ohh My God I want some..
I have two NMTs one for on road and the other is for off road I need those tyres badly for the off roader...
A high speed servo wont help much BUT a high torque servo will help big time..
How much are a set of four.?.

Qube
06-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Well, that's what you get for wanting a Monster Truck in an ST. :D

I sold my T-Maxx a long while back. I think I need a monster truck again :o

Meanwhile, I'll look into lower profile tires. It was fun while it lasted.

On a side note, these tires ROCK on dirt, but suck arse on anything else. Of course, they're awesome for picture ops :rolleyes:

SteveK
06-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Actually, if you are using the stock servo, that could explain the larger radius: Those tires are much larger than stock, nearly ar large as stock T-Maxx tires. The stock servois only just sufficient for stock racing truck tires, fine for most other applications but weak for bit tires.

Try something stronger, and try tightening the servo saver spring, as that can be affected by larger tires as well.

C.J.OO
06-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Good point on the saver spring I have never thought of that..

Qube
06-28-2004, 12:52 AM
Actually, if you are using the stock servo, that could explain the larger radius: Those tires are much larger than stock, nearly ar large as stock T-Maxx tires. The stock servois only just sufficient for stock racing truck tires, fine for most other applications but weak for bit tires.

Try something stronger, and try tightening the servo saver spring, as that can be affected by larger tires as well.

Tightening the servo saver... I did that with the stock servo... tore the gears after a few runs :D Then upgraded to steel high torque servo. Still horrible. :(

gizmoguy303
06-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Here's a question: Why would you buy those tires in the first place if you were going to worry about steering? Those tires would be fine for people just bashing around where you are not as concerned about steering. If you were planning on using them at a track, well I don't know what you were thinking. :confused: :p

Qube
06-28-2004, 12:34 PM
I got those to satisfy my monster truck feel after the Maxx was gone. Also of course to play on loose gravel. The only concern I have is the horrid radius on grass. At the track, there is no way I am using these. I am only asking if there are ways unknown to me to maximize steering I have otherwise untapped :)