PDA

View Full Version : Engine Size=What Class?

BlackHawkJ
06-28-2004, 12:19 AM
My dad is going to start racing in the 1/10th truck 2wd class. What is the max egine size allowed in this class? Or does it depend on the local track your racing at? He will be racing in Houston at all the local tracks around there.

.12 and .15 seem like the most popular sizes for this class.

We really do not want to drop $600 in two RB Concept engines that are two small or ones that are too big obviously.

Thanks for the help!

rccardude04
06-28-2004, 01:45 AM
1/10 2wd gas truck for ROAR regulations and many clubs require a .12.
If you haven't raced yet, you really do not need, nor do you want a big nasty 150+ dollar engine. To get started, something decently reliable and not too horrible on power such as an OS .12CV-R would be great. Too much horsepower will make you MUCH slower than having too little. Trust me, I know this from experience :)
-Eric

MicroMan
06-28-2004, 02:02 AM
Fantom makes a cheap, competitive .12 that you'll like. The Fantom FR12 is 150 dollars through Stormer Hobbies, 1/2 the price of a single RB concept engine. Puts out 1.35 HP

raderrustler
06-28-2004, 09:45 AM
a very good engine to begine with would be either the MT12, the OS 12 cv-r, and the fr12.
All are very good engines with more power than you will need. I would call all the tracks you are going to be driving and racing at and ask them. ROAR rules are .12 non turbo engines and if you run in an outlaw class "local track rules" they run .15 and turbo plug engines. Good luck
Randy

BlackHawkJ
06-28-2004, 02:30 PM
We would buy a cheaper motor but since the factory team kit does not come with a motor, we thought we would go ahead and buy a good one. Both the team associated and team losi kits do not come with motors, which ever we choose.