PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Massachusetts and know of tracks

Mathew J
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
just trying to figure out if any are in or around MA, the Waltham area, thanks

Cain
06-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Where is that in relation to other states? close to CT, etc?

stormperson
06-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Its kinda close to boston....

I know it might seem like a hike, but Big Boys Toys in Taunton (probably 30-45 minutes away) has a large dirt offroad track and large indoor carpet track. They just hosted the nitro offroad regionals last weekend. Its really the only real active track in MA, the other active track is R/C Madness in Enfield CT which is just south of Springfield, MA, around a 1.5 hour drive, they have a dirt and carpet track as well as asphalt.

nitroburner9248
06-28-2004, 05:18 PM
There arent really any good ones in New England. If you look in the back of rca there is usually a track listing..unless they discontined doing that.

stormperson
06-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Nitroburner- Have u ever been to BBT or Madness? I really dont see what more you want from a track, lol.

masshybrid
06-28-2004, 09:43 PM
There is a track in New Hampshire( 106 raceway), a track in Dartmouth( C+C Hobby) racing on Wednesdays, too far for you though, a track in either Avon or Abington( I can't remember which town) at RPM/Hobbytown, and if you like big jumps ( 20-30 ft tabletops), quads 6 ft apart, step ups, step downs, and fast tar berms, there is a bmx track in Wakefield( bmx racing on Sundays) . Last time I went to the bmx track, I burned 3/4 gallon in an mbx5 with an OS RG . Not far from the track is rccarstore in Danvers in case you break something. And as mentioned above Big Boys in Taunton, in which they just changed the track( thank you) , with racing on Sundays . There are pics of the bmx track in the MBX5 forum .

nitroburner9248
06-28-2004, 10:23 PM
I havent been to them since the ride is 2 long...but ill take ur word for it!

tyovino222
08-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Anybody know of any good RC Car clubs in the massachusetts area??

gck978
08-02-2004, 01:00 PM
i just built an oval track80x100 in haverhill ma

gck978
08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
There is a track in New Hampshire( 106 raceway), a track in Dartmouth( C+C Hobby) racing on Wednesdays, too far for you though, a track in either Avon or Abington( I can't remember which town) at RPM/Hobbytown, and if you like big jumps ( 20-30 ft tabletops), quads 6 ft apart, step ups, step downs, and fast tar berms, there is a bmx track in Wakefield( bmx racing on Sundays) . Last time I went to the bmx track, I burned 3/4 gallon in an mbx5 with an OS RG . Not far from the track is rccarstore in Danvers in case you break something. And as mentioned above Big Boys in Taunton, in which they just changed the track( thank you) , with racing on Sundays . There are pics of the bmx track in the MBX5 forum .
where is the track in wakefield as i am coming from haverhill , thanks

RespirologyRC
08-02-2004, 09:46 PM
I race in Taughton but the dirt track is too small for MT to even attempt passing each other. If you run buggies you might stand a chance. The track is long but not very wide. Their carpet indoor track is awsome very nice and wide too.

masshybrid
08-02-2004, 10:47 PM
where is the track in wakefield as i am coming from haverhill , thanks
Don't have my map handy, but Wakefield is exit 42/43( not sure which one) off of 128 north. There are powerlines going across the highway where the exit is. Bear right off the exit, follow until you reach a gas station, bear left, then go about 1/8 mile on the left is a little park, pull in ( there will be a kiddy playground on the left) and the track is about 500ft in .

Or, send me pm/email and I'd be more than happy to head up there to burn some nitro.

JEEL
08-03-2004, 07:21 AM
We also had RCExcitement which consistenly had 30-45 guys EVERY Thursday night and 20 - 30 every Sunday. However, the owner lost his lease and is in the process of buying a new building so it looks like he won't be open for another couple of months. But, if/when he re-opens, the racing is always good.

www.rcexcitement.com

AND, I second BBT for indoor carpet racing in the winter. Great place, but the only negative is that it is hard to get the info as to when its open/closed, racing/not racing, etc.

highroller
08-06-2004, 02:42 AM
A lot of the tracks have closed over the years, it depends on the type of racing you plan to do. There were tracks in Medford, Wakefield, Haverhill, Fall River, Medway, Wilmington, Raynham. There are three tracks in Mass Radical Ricks in Swansea, Big Boy in Taunton and a 1/12 th track in Worcester, 3-4 in Conn RC Madness in Enfield and K & N Speedway in Stafford Springs (oval and outdoors during summer) Manchester Hobbies in Manchester and New Haven, two in NH Route 106 Racepark -3tracks offroad dirt, small flat track and large asphalt combination oval/onroad see website (www.collectracing.com) for race schedule and Lake Regions RC in Gilford, Maine - RC Speedway in Fairfield (oval) and a new one in York (team maximus racing).

In order to race now you have to travel some distance to get to a track and depending on what type of racing you want to do you may have to travel even further. Don't know what your restrictions are - but several guys travel from Ma to the other tracks in the area. I travel from NH to Maine and as far as New York to race.

Isn't the location for the BMX track behind the building where Fox Hill Raceway used to be in Wakefield.

Cain
08-06-2004, 08:19 AM
I used to race at manchester hobbies, they had a great facility but there were some other issues that I won't go into that ultimately lead to its demise. The owner though was a great guy and I wish him the best.

highroller
08-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Mathew,
What type of RC racing are you looking to do? There may be a couple of guys who depending on the type of racing you are doing may be able to give you a ride. Also try getting information on tracks in your area by looking them up in the track directory, visit a couple of other rc sites to see what going on another good one is the Hobby Talk site- click on the forums link (www.hobbytalk.com) which lists the forums under several types classifications. Also look under the region one for types of racing that may be going on.

fs454
09-01-2004, 05:53 AM
I live in wakefield, yes, there is a BMX track, there is also a track down in Middleton, I havent been in a long time, but i think they race Sundays and Thursdays, lots of pit tables and a nice dirt track with a few jumps. It's cool, probably the best around here. If you need directions, Go to rccarstore in Danvers, they will point you in the right direction, it's a great hobby shop. (They have a site at www.rccarstore.com, it's not too updated with the products and stuff, but there is a number you can call if you dont want to go to the store)

Hard Core RC Guy
09-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Here's a good list of some. Some are offline though. I've been racing in North Adams at Megadrome. It's an indoor off-road track, that's very relaxed and extremely enjoyable with a great bunch of people running the shop and track. But, Western mass is tough, it's a 50 min drive, or 35min to RC Madness in CT.

www.mattsrcstuff.com/masstracks.htm

gordonmoney
09-02-2004, 03:26 AM
Gone Nitro,
Thanks for the plug and kind words. I'll be racing at megadrome this Friday, hope to see you there! :)

grnpainter
09-02-2004, 08:42 AM
hey, i live in belmont, ma (next town over) and im also looking for places to drive. i bike at wakefield all the time, and its great for driving too. never been up to any real tracks but id love to go. what kind of car do you have? maybe we could drive togther.

here are directions http://www.nbl.org/nbl/publish/TrackMassachusetts.htm
and they also list the tracks website.

-emil

SS Pede
09-02-2004, 02:28 PM
I live in Reading, next town north (I think north) of Wakefield. I've heard of that bmx track, I should check it out sometime.

boostspike
09-02-2004, 09:43 PM
there's an off road track in Abington.. (20min south of Boston)... not sure of the conditions... (i'm an on road guy)... but went there once and the lay out seems impressive...