PDA

View Full Version : Hudy set up system

Nsxshogun
06-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Well I want to get a setup system for my touring car. But i dont have the 149 bones to spend on the full system can i just get the board and decal wouldn't that be enough to get settings in the right ball park.

InspGadgt
06-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Well the board alone only really lets you set track width...your better off getting the setup plates and toe gauges so you can set camber and toe, then pick up a flat board from your local hardware store.

monyet fangkeh
06-30-2004, 10:45 PM
or you could check the integy one. i have the integy setup system, its pretty much the same with the hudy one but its much more cheaper.

stormperson
06-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Or you can save your money and spend it on something usefull. Just pick up a camber guage from RPM or whoever, very few pro's, even those sponsered by HUDY, use the set up station, and its only somewhat usefull with a pivot ball car, although even then, you really dont need it.

A good solid board though is useful though.

Nsxshogun
06-30-2004, 11:25 PM
I have the r40 witch is a pivot ball car. what is integyes web site

baih
06-30-2004, 11:37 PM
buy the RPM caster and toe in guages. this is the easiest and cheapest way to start. you just need a flat service to make your adjustments on. your track width is set on most of your cars. except pivot ball type suspensions.
for a board. i just went to lowes or any building supply and bought a door
for $4.00 go to the area that has the cheap white particle board cabinets.

monyet fangkeh
07-01-2004, 12:34 AM
I have the r40 witch is a pivot ball car. what is integyes web site
www.integy.com i just went there and check the price, its US$79.99. its a lot cheaper than the price of hudy u put ont the first post.

InspGadgt
07-01-2004, 02:55 PM
The Integy one for that price is just the setup plates only. A full Integy set costs nearly the same as the full Hudy set that was quoted. When I bought my Hudy set it actually came out $20 less expensive then the full Integy set.

I find it to be extremely usefull on pivot ball suspension cars. It's so much more accurate then using the RPM camber and toe gauges and easier to get it right as you can see the effects changes make on both sides of the car at once. Now that I have one I couldn't go back to the way I used to setup cars...this is so much better!

There's another system out that was mentioned in this forum somewhere that is much less expensive then either the Hudy or the Integy and looks to be the same quality. If I run across it again I'll post it here.

rmd
07-02-2004, 08:23 PM
There is also the PMB system which is less expensive than the Hudy and comes with a case. I don't own the PMB but have been looking into buying one of the two. PMB looks about 20-30% less $$ in Canada.

www.pmbproducts.com