PDA

View Full Version : TLT-1 Max Climber (TLT-2)

surfer
07-05-2004, 08:54 PM
http://www.rc-racingcars.com/diversen/rcnews/images/1084884198tlt22.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/fawkes23/Banned%20RC/shs04282.jpg

heres what i found out about it:

qoute-
Following the release of the 1/18 scale TLT-1 Rock Buster in December comes the second model in the Little Gear Series, the TLT-1 Max Climber. The Rock Buster proved a huge hit overseas thanks to its powerful climbing, maneuverability, durability and small size. The new Max Climber is packed with all the great features that made the Rock Buster so popular plus a whole new body. Chassis has also been adapted to be compatible with a regular lay down battery pack. The Max Climber will appeal to Rock Buster fans while adding further appeal to the Little Gear Series.

Specs
-All new SUV inspired body featuring cool sleek design.
-Compatible with a regular lay down battery.
-Belt drive lightweight aluminum chassis that takes the power straight to your four wheels.
-Four link push rod suspension with aluminum dampers.
Powered by a Type 540 motor.
-4-wheel steering capabilities (2 servos required).
-Clever package design allowing the packaging to be also used as a carry case

munim
07-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Is it just me or did they just take a step backwards? Seems like it will have really high center or gravity.

-=ADA$=-
07-09-2004, 04:37 PM
apart from this it lloks good, maybe there would be a way to make up a setup to mount the battery verticaly

Losi Stealth
07-10-2004, 04:56 PM
www.rc-car.com had a minor teaser on this vehicle, and they said there is more to come. Apparently Tamiya is going to release a few new vehicles soon. Maybe their little gear series will finally include an actual different vehicle, like a 1/18th touring car, or a 1/18th truck or buggy.

They featured that and a new touring car (1/10). not much info though, very dissapointing, but that seems common with their website.

If anyone knows anything more about Tamiya's new releases, pleas pass on the information

Stealth :cool:

space_doc
07-30-2004, 04:43 PM
I just saw it on eBay for sale from overseas sources. But I went to tamiya's website and did a search and found nothing. Anyone know what makes it different from the first?

There are a bunch for sale on eBay which drives me nuts cuz I haven't even put my Rockbuster together yet that I bought at the beginning of the year. :rolleyes:

kitty
07-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Wow. I didn't know that the TLT-1 was belt drive. In the past I haven't considered anything belt drive out of concern of belts stretching. Can anyone tell me how well they hold up on the TLT-1?

Also, does anyone know what differences there will be between the TLT-1 and the TLT-2? I hope there are some serious differences to warrant the $60 higher price tag on Tower (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=TLT&FVPROFIL=++).

Toyofast
07-31-2004, 09:05 PM
-All new SUV inspired body featuring cool sleek design.
-Compatible with a regular lay down battery.

There's two, new body and you can use a traditional stick style pack rather than Tamiya's funky saddle setup.

-Center diff was open.... now it'll be locked to provide equal power to F/R axles.

And I think there is one other small, very small change but it's basicly the same other than what was listed.

I personaly don't care for the TLT in stock form... the axles are the best part of the whole rig. Super tough! Most guys who crawl with a TLT only use the axles and toss, scrap or eBay the stuff not needed.