PDA

View Full Version : electric or nitro????

rcboy618
08-30-2000, 07:52 PM
which is better for me? an associated rc10t3 sport or a traxxas nitro sport? i already have experience in electric vehicle. and the nitro sport will be my first nitro. so i need to know which is better for me. im kind of leaning on the rc10t3 sport because i already have the parts, but i want the feel of a nitro truck.

rcracer28
08-30-2000, 10:57 PM
look, dude i have hade close to every type of car 2wd buggy 4wd buggy the same with truck and a gas rc10gt and also abad *** rc10 t3 team truck . i think that elec is they way to go im telling you this so u wont wast a **** load of money like i did on nitro they might look all fun and cute but there not they are very mean . my friend who have nitros put them up in the closet and bout a high performance electric car or truck.but im telling u now dont go down that road its not that nice i like the performance of elec better. as i think better accel and top speed and steering . and even if u did get a nitro please dont get traxxas get associated or losi trust me i drink eat and sleep rc!!!

------------------
ask me anything

rcboy618
08-30-2000, 11:22 PM
why shouldn't i get a traxxas? i was just wondering.

elscotto80
08-31-2000, 10:14 AM
go gas dude, they may be more mantinece, but its sooooo worth it, these things haul a$$. i have had a traxxas nitro sport for a couple of months and this thing flies. just tune the suspension, get a CVEC pipe and other stuff and your set. if you get the sport, take out the black thing thats in the carb, its a resticter, with it out you
'll go alot faster.

GasMan_GT
08-31-2000, 01:00 PM
My choice is Nitro...I have had electrics for years, and just decided to get a Team GT this spring. I had no idea how much more fun they are. Nothing like a GasMan tuned .12 to make the lil fella inside jump up and down. And I honestly would rather tune the carb on this thing than play with ESC's anyday. Nitro rules!!

------------------
Catch me if you can!!

Distro
08-31-2000, 02:00 PM
Go nitro but don't get a traxxas get a rs4 nitro 2 or a impulse if you feel you can tune the impule, have the cash and experiance to tune it.

Randy
08-31-2000, 03:16 PM
dont get a traxxas theyr junk. stick to the t3 I own one just hop it up alot and you will be subrised at its performence. I like electric.

FactoryTeamB3
08-31-2000, 04:53 PM
If your what to spend the money on a gas car why don't you get a Factory Team T3? The electric cars are better because you don't have to work on them much. If you do get a gas, get Losi truck. It is by far the best gas truck.

StampedeShoe
09-01-2000, 12:24 AM
I say elec. I was going to get a Nitro rustler but once i heard all the stuff u gotta do to keep them running good really threw me off them. I spend just about every free minute i have with elec...i dont know what would happen with Nitro.

------------------
IF IT AINT BROKE U AINT TRYIN
"The New Red Green Show"

glowplugman
09-01-2000, 01:54 PM
Go Nitro, man. I've never had an electric car (although I might get an electric this winter to race inside during the frozen months) but I've driven electrics and Nitro is so much cooler, more fun to drive, to work on, to hop up. Go nitro and you won't regret it.