PDA

View Full Version : ez star question

surfer
07-11-2004, 02:50 AM
what does the yelloe wire connect too?

i cant figure it for the life of me

r.c.dealer
07-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Its a ground wire. You mount it to the engine mount. Without the yellow wire mounted the ez start won't ignite the glow plug. Of course if the blue wire is not connected to the glow plug it won't ignite either hehe

surfer
07-11-2004, 03:20 PM
ok thx

Figit090
07-12-2004, 12:22 AM
just incase you're not sure how to do that, you unscrew one of the engine mount bolts and slip it under that, and screw it back down of course :p

if you ever have trouble finding where a part goes you can try looking in the parts guide...might help in the future.

surfer
07-12-2004, 01:28 AM
i looked in the maules and everything and coundt find anything

traxxas-dude
07-12-2004, 02:08 AM
its on page 10 in my manual...I have a Gen 1 manual, yours may be on a different page. :)

Figit090
07-13-2004, 11:32 AM
the parts manuals don't include the servo wires, but they have everything else i think, the chord would be part of the ez-start lead, which is there, i remember it. you can't get the individual wires' parts #'s....gotta buy the whole cluster of wires. :roleyes: but anyway.....

Looking at it now, the cluster is part # 4579...so it's there... but if you are looking for a single wire or using the index, you'll never find it :p

OH yeah...it's not in he manual, not the one with color and tuning tips and stuff...it's the one that's white and says "What to do if your traxxas model breaks" right under the big "T-MAXX" and traxxas logos... gives replacement/return info and shows parts lists and assembly schematics...or blueprints...whatever.