PDA

View Full Version : CheapBatteryPacks.com

HauntedMyst
07-12-2004, 04:28 PM
I saw they are now advertising on the Zone and maybe either they or someone else can answer this question. I ordered 3 packs from them on ebay for $30 a pack. They came with wire and deans plugs for that price but unassembled, but still a great deal The ad said these were matched by GP and shipped in 6 cell packs. In their ad, they say the packs are matched, but there is no matching sticker with any data. I needed them for a race and the price was right so I kept them. The packs are pretty good with more then enough run time and power for our track.

So my question is, how do they know these packs are matched? Wouldn't any sort of matching require some sort of read out sticker? It seems to me they are just taking loose cells they are calling them matched.

erock1331
07-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I heard a while back they they match based on voltage not runtime like most battery matchers do.
That is probably why you dont get any labels with them.
Technically it is not a true matched pack as us R/C racers call them.

HauntedMyst
07-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Thats what I thought as well so I have to assume they are just lying in their ads. I hate that. Their packs are a good deal even without the deception.

The ad says "BRAND NEW FACTORY MATCHED GP3300 SET - 6 cells that have been matched and certified by GP (the manufacturer). These are the Green/Orange Authentic GP cells. Cells come to us grouped together in blocks of 6. These are the highest quality cells GP produces." then they go on to say "Note: These cells are claimed to be 1.17 from GP. We do not match them or test them"

SteveK
07-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Unless they say they match them according to a specific test result, 'matched' could mean something like they all have the same label.

HauntedMyst
07-12-2004, 08:13 PM
lol Well, they were all orange and green, so they were matched that way.

KartMan
07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
That really sucks. If you are truly dissipointed, I would take it up with the company. That is truly deception. Although at $30 a pack, with wire and a connector, that isn't that bad of a price, like you mentioned.

HauntedMyst
07-12-2004, 08:41 PM
That's the thing, they are good batteries! I don't feel like I've been ripped off, just mislead.

KartMan
07-12-2004, 08:45 PM
I understand. You could let them know how you feel, and maybee they don't realize they are misleading anyone. They should know. You could also include that you are a very well known figure on THE most popular RC BBS in the world.... I know that if you were to post and say DO NOT buy from xxxxxxxxxx I surely would not buy from them.

Paperboy
07-12-2004, 09:28 PM
GP "matches" batteries from the factory. I beleive they weigh the cells individually and say that a heavier cell is a better cell. Then the 1.17 is an approximation, based on what matchers tell GP their best cells cycle at. In each case of cells, GP includes a percentage of their "1.17" cells.

So basically it means nothing. Youre better off buying a cheap SMC pack, youll still have punch after a few runs. At least when you buy low end actual matched packs, you know the runtime is similar.

TRF Drive Hard
07-13-2004, 02:27 AM
From what they were advertising... GP "matches" their cells by voltage... not with any kind of special test... they prolly volt test each cell weeding out the bad cell... so no need for a label... now if VIS were involved, then ya a label ofr some sort would have been slapped on... hey John, remember what i said about buyin a battery xapper? well if you can hold a a few more weeks i might end up with one... then we can zap them batts of yours... still wanna zap batts on the side with me? :p

rpmmaxxed
07-13-2004, 02:41 AM
http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=531 What do you guys think of these packs?

TRF Drive Hard
07-13-2004, 02:46 AM
For 17.50 a pack, thats a risk take imho...

-=ADA$=-
07-13-2004, 12:32 PM
thats some nice prices, if theyr even half decent than great, im in the market for some packs, now i lean towards epic packs from TH cause theyr similar priced

rpmmaxxed
07-13-2004, 01:49 PM
epics are 3000 packs, and I have never heard that epics are matched. I was astonished at the price of those packs, and I will be ordering a few in the near future to see if they are what they look like.

Paperboy
07-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Those are sanyo cells, not GP. Go with the GP, theres a reason every reputable matcher matches them over Sanyo.

-=ADA$=-
07-14-2004, 11:37 AM
but i dont want matched, i wont be running fast, i just want lots of packs and good runtime, its for crawler, so would it be worht it?? I calculated that shipping of 3 packs would be about $25 good deal?

rpmmaxxed
07-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Shipping alone costing $25?

trw
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
if you order them all at towerhobbies and put the three in one bundle it will only cost you $6.00 Priority shipping (btw priority is faster then fed ex and UPS by far and much cheaper) i know cause my mom works for the post office.

KTRTS
07-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Ada$ is in Poland, in Europe. I owould be interested to see how much postage is too.

duanewho
07-15-2004, 02:05 AM
I bought two GP3300 packs from cheapbatterypacks, and they have been fine. I haven't noticed any real difference in club racing. They seem to be a pretty good place to buy, I just got some of the new GP1100 2/3a cells to make packs for my micro, and they are really nice. Good prices, fast shipping.

-=ADA$=-
07-15-2004, 11:47 AM
recently ive payd $65 for 4 day shipping of TXT so its not that bad :) but on heavy items its bad, amondo tech told me one pack weights 1 lbs so multiply it by 3 and there you go 3 pounds, to Poland shipping airmail parcel post is $25 :D and recently as i know they've added duty 30% of everything over 20e including shipping, its stupid!!

RC10racer89
07-15-2004, 07:57 PM
With those prices you really can't complain, you just have to expect them to not be the highest quality. I also read that if you do have them assemble a pack for you that they dont even use soilder :( They just spot wield, whats up with that! O well the prices are so good i was thinking of getting a cheap reciever pack for my RC10GT