PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: genesis owners

surfer
07-15-2004, 03:53 PM
i found this via the net

CEN Announces Fix for Genesis

Attention CEN GENESIS 46 owners:

If you have purchased your CEN GENESIS 46 prior to (07-15-04), you are entitled to receive a care package that includes new and improved parts from CEN Racing, Free of Charge.

PLEASE NOTE: This applies for the first batch of GENESIS 46 Trucks only. Future trucks have all upgraded parts already installed.

Simply follow the steps below to receive your free care package that has new and improved parts for the CEN GENESIS 46.

1. Locate your receipt dated prior to (07-15-04).
2. Mail your receipt (copy or original) with your orange failsafe included with the truck with the word safeguard on it. Send it Attention: “CEN CARE PACK” (Address Listed below)
3. Make sure to include your ship to address
4. Please note that only one care package will be issued per truck. This will be strongly enforced.

This care package will be available and ready to ship out approximately (07-25-04) and are entitled for the U.S. version of GENESIS 46 only.

Care packages include the following new and improved items.

1. Steel Spur Gears
2. Shims kit
3. 5kg Metal BB throttle Servo
4. 5kg Metal BB forward Reverse Servo
5. 45cm Antenna tube
6. CEN failsafe type A
7. Diff Gears sets x3
8. Improved 3rd speed shift shoes

We apologize for any inconvenience and we would like to thank you for your continued interest in our products.

Regards,
CEN RACING
1800 E Miraloma Ave. Ste F
Placentia, CA 92870
Ph: 714-792-1923
Fax: 714-792-1968

HauntedMyst
07-15-2004, 07:25 PM
I have to say, this is impressive. When most R/C companies release a car with defective parts, they redesign them and then require the people who bought their "leading edge" technology to pay even more money just to get their car or truck right. It's cool to see CEN step up to the plate and handle it the way it should be handled. Its even more impressive that their carepack includes two servos and a fail safe.

Fool Injected
07-15-2004, 07:41 PM
From what I have been reading about that truck, the care package should include a new engine as well.

Spoon37
07-15-2004, 09:00 PM
that "free of charge" bit is the best bit - it puts them one up from Tamiya.

when Tamiya realised the drivetrain weakness of the juggernaut 1 they discontinued the product, updated it and released the juggernaut 2, however those owners of the juggernaut 1's had to buy a care package at a cost of over $100 having already spent $300+ on the kit.....Tamiya should have done this for free....evidently money was more important to them than service in that instance.....

also I have heard the engine probs are at least partly due to the lack of break in instructions with the very 1st batch, when the engine seems to need a particularly long break in procedure......

;)

CEN Racing
07-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Becauae there are no known issue with the NX76 engine, so it is not included in the care package. NX76 engine is very reliable and of course, POWERFUL. We do have a few random cases regarding to engine bearing, however they were all taken care off. Break in instruction are included and also available online now.

rocknbil
07-15-2004, 10:11 PM
CEN R. - would you mind having a look at this (http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173390) and see if I'm steering him wrong, and offer any assistance you have time for?